gösser

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to look that one up, b/c I had never heard of it.

The reviews I saw were not positive, so I'm betting that the chances of finding a clone are going to be slim.

-walker

What is your connection to gosser? I don't want to hurt your feelings, but I just can't imagine anybody wanting to brew it. I don't think it's good. Why gosser? I really want to know why you like it, in the least offensive way possible.
:) - to indicate my benign inquisitions.

I see this was your first post. Welcome to the forum JennN.

I've never tried Gösser. It seems from a google that the pilsner is the main brew from Gösser, but there's also a dark lager.

I bet if you describe the taste and sytle you're after, someone here can hook you up with a good example, even if it isn't a Gösser clone.

beer4breakfast said:
I see this was your first post. Welcome to the forum JennN.

I've never tried Gösser. It seems from a google that the pilsner is the main brew from Gösser, but there's also a dark lager.

I bet if you describe the taste and sytle you're after, someone here can hook you up with a good example, even if it isn't a Gösser clone.

Yeah... Goesser has about 5 or 6 different styles, but the main one is a pale lager. From the reviews I saw, it sounds like it is VERY lightly hopped with some slight malty and biscuity flavors (and a metallic twang).

We can probably help you put together a recipe, but obviousbly it would not be a clone.

More important than the recipe perhaps is this; do you have the ability to ferment a lager, jennN? They require colder fermentation temps and aging near freezing temperatures.

-walker

the dark beer if it was transported properly is very nice.
Kind of like a Paulaner salvator. Close... it has a nice rich creamy head and it laces on the glass real nice. has a nice finish with no real after taste unless you got a skunky one.
I'd like a recipe for this one myself.
Bob

Back