SUCCESS!!! --Whoohoo!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamwhatiseem

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I brewed the Northern Brewer "Caribou Slobber" just a few days behind our fellow poster "numpty".
I cracked one open last Thursday to test fermentation and beginning flavor and was very happy to see it developing fine.
I placed one in the refrigerator this morning and just drank it.
WOW - amazing to see how the flavor has developed in only 3 days. This is going to be a good beer!...don't know if numpty agrees, but this beer taste a lot like New Belgium Fat Tire Amber Ale....which is a good thing.
:ban::tank::rockin:

P.S.>>> I am also currently enjoying my own 1 beer buzz right now...I created my own buzz!!!!

0407131338.jpg

Looks great! That's def. on my to-brew list! How does it taste? I've never had Fat Tire so yeah.

Looks great! That's def. on my to-brew list! How does it taste? I've never had Fat Tire so yeah.

The Nose:...caramel, floral with a medium hop smell.
Taste - first thing that hits my mouth is a smooth/sweet caramel flavor, followed by a refreshing citrus/fruity hop flavor - but not too hoppy. The malt/caramel is more prominent than the hop - however it is important to note I cut back on the 3 hops that this kit came with. I cut back about 25% of each hop (I am not a hoppy beer fan).
I measured the ABV at 5.3%

The Nose:...caramel, floral with a medium hop smell.
Taste - first thing that hits my mouth is a smooth/sweet caramel flavor, followed by a refreshing citrus/fruity hop flavor - but not too hoppy. The malt/caramel is more prominent than the hop - however it is important to note I cut back on the 3 hops that this kit came with. I cut back about 25% of each hop (I am not a hoppy beer fan).
I measured the ABV at 5.3%

Sounds delicious! Thanks much for the quick review!

Awesome, congrats, the rush you get from tasting a beer you have made is priceless

It is, also my brother and two nephews (both of age) are coming down from Chicago next weekend. Going to be great to sit around after a cook out while everyone is drinking MY beer!
Can't wait.

Nice, I hope they enjoy it as much as you do. Now get that next brew day going!

Brew On!

CONGRATS!!!

Welcome to the slippery slope. All it takes is that first taste to realize, "Aw, chit - I can make good beer!" and you're done...... will have multiple brews going, at once, in no time. :D

It is, also my brother and two nephews (both of age) are coming down from Chicago next weekend. Going to be great to sit around after a cook out while everyone is drinking MY beer!
Can't wait.

Great news. There is nothing better as a new brewer that having people tell you that your beer is good. :ban:

I have found ANYTHING I brew tastes better than the yellow fizzy water I had been buying.

Back