Sanke Keg stem replacement parts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stvoffutt

Reaction score
Hi,
I recently got two Bud Light kegs (US style, D-coupler) that had beer sitting in them for about 2 years. My uncle used them for a party and never returned them. Anyways I have already removed the seal and taken out the stem. I also boiled water inside the keg to kill any bugs. I then went to clean the spear itself. I removed the black seal that keeps the ball in place on one of my kegs. However, on the other one the dog got it and chewed on it pretty good. I don't think it will make a seal anymore. Attached are some pictures of what I am talking about. I need to replace only the black cylindrical piece. Everything else is fine. I have searched Micromatic.com but I honestly don't know what I am looking for. Does anybody know what this part is called or they have a part number? I would also like to replace the purple looking seal. These seem to be pretty easy to find but any store recommendations would be great.

Thanks a bunch in advance. I come here all the time for homebrew questions. This is my first post.

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

Micromatic calls it an EPDM CO2 valve, and while I'm pretty sure they do sell it separately, it's not listed in their online catalog, so you'll probably have to call. According to the exploded parts diagram found in the PDF here, it's part #102-006. The purple sealing ring is part#112-689.

Thanks for that. I called them and they couldn't help me because they didn't deal with those sort of parts... I tried giving the lady the URL and she got angry and transferred me to another guy that said that only licensed breweries can get the EPDM CO2 valve part. So, am I SOL? There is a local brewery that I can ask. Hopefully they won't have to order like 50 of them... I also tried searching for that part and came up with nothing on the micromatic website. Are there any other routes that I can take?

Thanks for that info. I called them and they said that only licensed breweries can get the CO2 EPDM valve. I can ask a local brew pub. Hopefully they don't have to order 50 of them... So are there any other routes that I can take?

A lot of people have leftover spears from making their keggles, and I bet you could get someone to send you one for little more than shipping if you put a want ad in the classifieds here. I probably have one somewhere in my shop I could send you, but it's finals week for me, and then I'm going to San Diego for a week, so it would be a few weeks before I could even go up to my shop and look for you. If you're still not having any luck in a couple weeks, send me a pm.

Back