mmmmmm...Cream Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coastarine

We get it, you hate BMC.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I finally deemed it show-ready, and it is mighty tasty. It's the closest thing I've done to BMC but still far from it. Simple Northern Brewer AG kit with most of the flavor coming from the biscuit and honey malts. It's about as clear as they come. Any blurring of the image is from the glass.:rockin:

Cream_Ale.JPG

I was looking at doing this kit, and it's nice to hear someone enjoyed it.

How much of the honey flavor actually comes through? I've never used honey malt before, it sounds delicious but I'm unsure exactly what to expect.

I've used honey malt in a few things now and I still haven't totally nailed it down, but I can tell you that the 0.25lb biscuit seems to add a stronger flavor than the 0.75lb honey malt. It's not like some malts where more than a little adds too much sweetness, it has some nice honey sweetness and aroma without being too much of a commitment and it is perceived by my palate as being more honey-like than actual honey additions. I could even see upping it to a full pound in this recipe. Of course you wouldn't want to go overboard, like anything else.

Back