100% polyester!? Yuck!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McCall St. Brewer

Reaction score
If I am already a curmudgeon at my age, I just wonder what will happen if and when I actually make it to be old. I went out today looking for a new baseball cap. SWMBO doesn't like my Milwaukee Braves cap and says I need a Brewers cap. So I go to the store and find one in my size, put it one, and... something just doesn't seem right. I look at it closer and, sure enough, it's different. The brim is black underneath instead of gray. The band inside is black instead of off-white. And, it just doesn't look and feel right. So I read the labels and it says something about superior wicking performance or something like that.

I didn't buy one, but came back here to my computer and fired up Google. Sure enough, I find, last year MLB and New Era announced a "new and improved" "Performance" fitted field cap that is (I don't even know if I can bear to type this) now made from 100% polyester.

Now, I've stuck with baseball through the DH, powder blue doubl-knit road uniforms, strikes, inter-league play, alternate (softball league) dark jerseys, you name it. But this to me may be the last straw.

I spend about a half hour looking for leftover "old" 59Fifty hats, but they seem to be pretty much all gone.

If anyone has a nice 7 3/8 wool Brewers hat, I'm all ears.

I have one of these fitted hats of the NY Mets variety, I love it:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001AJXZFM/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

It's twill, not polyester.

I have one like that for the Tigers, but my "real" game hat is still made of wool.

hey McCall is this what your looking for?

89929080.jpg

http://www.shop.com/Milwaukee_Brewers_New_Era_BC_59FIFTY_Hat-89929080-p!.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back