Cans on Plane?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boodyrischous

Reaction score
I assume that cans wouldn't make it through a flight, but has anybody tried it before? Any experiences or knowledge that suggest it is possible, or a terrible idea?

Thanks.

I've traveled with beer in my checked luggage before. Both cans and bottles. I only lost one bottle to insufficient cushioning. They didn't explode or implode, or any other kind of ode. If that's what you meant.

I think this has been discussed a few times before. Try a search.

Not sure about cans but I travel with bottles of beer all the time in my luggage. Whenever I travel I always pick up a few local bottles to bring home. Just wrap 'em up good so they don't break. If bottles don't break I don't see why can would.

I brought back 12 each half liter cans from Berlin in my checked bags with no issues.
The customs guy asked if I had any alcohol and how much etc. His biggest concern was making sure that I didn't have any absinthe.

What do you think the beer they are serving on the plane comes out of?

I sure hope the pressure is the same where the luggage goes - that's the same compartment they put my guinea pig in when he flew with me! (Rodents weren't allowed in the cabin). I've also never had problems with bottles of beer exploding, and I'm sure cans are even more durable.

Of course you can't carry any of that on anymore though.

Back