Possible pump for brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jEld

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I know better than to post this, but the price is right on these pumps I found at work. What do you think? Any possible uses or this other than to recirculate ice water through my wort chiller? It is only 12v so I'd need a power supply, so probably not even worth it. I'm sure it'd be an even bigger stretch to be able to use these in my single tier build! I have not had any luck getting information about these pumps.

image-4215355791.jpg

image-2838754214.jpg

image-1143763185.jpg

image-2033526820.jpg

Thanks for your thoughts!

Unless someone recognizes the pump, you will get a better answer with a manufacturer and model number.

It needs to be food safe at temperatures above 220F. March (and chugger) pumps are safe to 250F (I'm sure the stainless heads from them can handle more).

Personally, unless the price is FREE, I would check with the manufacturer, and get documentation to back it up IF they say it would be safe.

Yes the price was free, we had three of them lying around. I've tried contacting the manufacturer, but I'm still waiting for a reply. I guess I am hopeful that someone will recognize the pump, but I'm not concerned if it doesn't work out.

That looks to be a rotary diaphram pump....they can be made out of food grade materials but normally dont take high temps. Also if you have a lot of debris it "could" potentialy stick the diaphram open and loose pumping action....try and find out who made it and call them for more info...about all you can do. Worse case you have a dedicated pump for chilling :)

Back