1st batch bottled

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jezter6

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
First batch IN the bottles.

I haven't been topping up to the neck of my carboy, so I only ended up with 19 bottles.

I know, I'm a dummy.

Anyways, no questions, just wanted to celebrate bottling my first mead.

Now all I gotta do is keep my hands off it for a little bit.

Well, I do have a pint glass of it that only made a partial bottle. Figured I would sit and drink it instead of tossing it out.

A pint of mead can get one mighty durnk. :)

Spelling intentional, I'm not that screwed up yet. Give it a few minutes :p

+1 on letting it sit..LOL Sooo tasty no way I let it go for 4 months.. It's like angels breast milk..:) Makes me want to bust open my latest mead and swill her down..

I just bottled up a batch of 13.5 mead two days ago, I keep forgetting that bottling is HELL, so I have to take a few months between each batch of mead just so I can forget it.
My secret is to use multiple sized bottles, and I try to take at least half and hide them some place I never go to forget about them. IE: Buried in the back of a closet that I only open 4 times a year to check for vermin nesting. (I usually cap champagne bottles so I'm not worried about them chewing through anything).

Bottling mead was sooo much easier than capping. The corker took NO actual effort, I get to use 1/2 the bottles because I use the wine/champagne bottles. If bottling beer was this easy, I'd bottle half my batches (damn keg has a line outside waiting to get on tap).

I haven't been topping up to the neck of my carboy, so I only ended up with 19 bottles.

I know, I'm a dummy.

u can store it in my meade cellar :D

Bottling mead was sooo much easier than capping. The corker took NO actual effort, I get to use 1/2 the bottles because I use the wine/champagne bottles. If bottling beer was this easy, I'd bottle half my batches (damn keg has a line outside waiting to get on tap).

I make my roomate do the bottling :)

I know, I'm a dummy.

Pics?

I'll try to remember to take some pics tonight when I get home.

Really, they're just in boxes laid on the side. Shame really - I need to build some wine racks but my roommate (of all people) thinks the plans I found are too ghetto.

That's where I got the plans - Mike says they look ghetto.

And is convinced that getting a few planks of wood from Home Depot is "sub-par quality wood not suitable for use." -- WTF?

That's where I got the plans - Mike says they look ghetto.

And is convinced that getting a few planks of wood from Home Depot is "sub-par quality wood not suitable for use." -- WTF?

well he is planning on spending an obscene amount of money one a deck......

Back