I'll be in Rochester, NY area 3/4/08

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rohrbach is pretty cool, more in the suburbs though...

Check out Beers of the World beer store, carries tons and tons of beers from all over the world!

evanmars,

you live close to an excellent brew pub in vt. the maple porter they have now is my new favorite. I just finished a growler last night. If you find a good brew pud in Rochester post it here. I will be there 7-9 march.

Mulcahey's Brewing said:
Rohrbach is pretty cool, more in the suburbs though...

Check out Beers of the World beer store, carries tons and tons of beers from all over the world!

Yup, been there. I like their porter. A guy I work with knows the former owner. Supposed to be getting the recipe.

jfish63 said:
evanmars,

you live close to an excellent brew pub in vt. the maple porter they have now is my new favorite. I just finished a growler last night. If you find a good brew pud in Rochester post it here. I will be there 7-9 march.

Which pub in VT? I'm fairly new here and the only brewpub I know of near here is Madisson's. There is also McNeil's over in Brattleboro.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost.php?p=535929&postcount=146

evanmars said:
I like their porter. Supposed to be getting the recipe.

I don't recall if I had their porter. I want to say no.

The other place I remembered is Custom Brewcrafters. It is not a pub. Its a small microbrewery that you can go in and try samples of the beer they have on tap, which is like 5 I think. They actually produce a lot of beer for restaurants around the Western and Central NY area. Their beer is just okay at best Nothing special...but maybe worth a shot to try something different...

Madisons is the one. They have a Maple porter now that I like. In Wilmington there is the Maple Leaf but it is closing in April he only has one of his own brews on tap right now.

I live about 5 minutes from Madisson's.
I think the maple porter you had must have been back in October or November?
They had a homebrew competition in September (in which I took 3rd for an American wheat :) ). The winner of the people's choice (the maple porter) got to have their recipe made and served for a month, plus got to keep a barrel of it.

It is no longer available.

After driving out here to Rochester, getting lost, and having it start with the freezing rain, I just went to Red Lobster next to the hotel, then over to The Distillery (a sports bar the other side of the hotel). I didn't even have a beer, but I had 5 bourbon and Cokes.

Damn, Evan, missed this. Buddy of mine from work is from Rochester, could have pointed you in the right direction. How long are you going to be out there for?

Back