First Place APA at the 2013 Chicago Winter Brew Competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats!!!!!!!!! That's an achievement to be very proud of:mug:

Thanks also for providing the recipe...:tank:

Damn! Well played, Pappers! Out of curiosity, what do you do with your medals? I always wonder about that when I hear this sort of good news!

There was a ribbon and in the past I've put the ribbon, a nice photo-quality copy of the label, and a brief sign into a 3-D photo box, if you know what I mean. Its a photo frame, but it has depth. When/if I do that with this, I'll put up a photo of it.

Pappers_ said:
There was a ribbon and in the past I've put the ribbon, a nice photo-quality copy of the label, and a brief sign into a 3-D photo box, if you know what I mean. Its a photo frame, but it has depth. When/if I do that with this, I'll put up a photo of it.

I like that--tasteful yet honors the achievement. I only have 2 so far, but hope to add more, and this seems like a classy display option. Thank you!

And congratulations again :):):)

hmm weren't you just recently recognized as BJCP judge.... ;)

congrats - really hard to beat a good Nelson driven beer

I like that--tasteful yet honors the achievement. I only have 2 so far, but hope to add more, and this seems like a classy display option. Thank you!

And congratulations again :):):)

Finally got around to putting the shadow box together

nelson-sauvin-pale-ale-ribbon-shadow-box-large-58928.jpg

As you can see, the ribbon is a little underwhelming - not unlike the 'participation' ribbon they hand out for grammar school sports ;) The label is printed out on glossy photo paper and is printed using high quality photo printing settings.

Congrats that is great! I am almost done with my eHERMS Brewery Build and this Saturday. Hope to brew a Nelson Sauvin Pale Ale, I might have to use some of your recipe! Thanks

Back