Propane plumbing on brew sculpture

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcaudill

Reaction score
Hello,

I am in the process of building out a single-tier sculpture and am having a tough time trying to figure out where to get hosing from. I need a relatively short run of hosing, generally even less than a foot (and probably more like inches) but I won't know the exact measurements until I get all the parts (solenoids, valves, etc etc).

For those of you who built your sculptures, how are you handling this?

Thanks,
JP

You can use black pipe for the supply and then the feed you have many options. I use a gas supply place locally and the can make about anything you want. Good luck

I'm also in the process of building a single tier system and will be picking up the black pipe this week from the H.Depot. One thing that helped me a lot was to do a Google Images search for brew sculpture or single tier.

Since you are talking about hose, check with your local RV dealerships. Those guys have parts shops and usually a section dedicated to propane fittings and hoses. I was able to obtain an 18 inch hose for about $9. That was the perfect length to go from my manifold to my tank. For the manifold to burner hose I simply reused the ones that originally came with my burner.

Ya I have BIP for the main manifold. And then depending on the burner I have a slew of different things like valves, solenoids, tees, etc. By the time all these are plumbed, I'll have a very short run to the burner. I'm hesitant to hard plumb the remainder because I will have adjustable height burners. So really what I need is a short short run of hose and i need to get it in a 1/4" MPT x 3/8" F Flare. It sounds like I need to try and find a local HVAC shop to make it.

One thing I forgot to mention - as soon as I'm off the main rail which is 1/2", I immediately reduce to 1/4" for the rest of the fittings. That is where it gets a bit complicated because hardly anyone has stuff premade for 1/4" fittings.

try an rv store. or a good tractor supply store. either should b able 2 custom make stuff for you.

I have a local propane supply shop (for home heating puposes) they also sell grill, pool supplies, etc. they have any kind of gas fitting you can think of and can make it in any length, the only problem they are not cheap!!!!

There are numerous sites that warn against using copper with natural gas because the copper can flake and plug the orifice. I don't think there's a problem with propane, though. I went with aluminum to be on the safe side.

Back