Republic of Cascadia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamrockdoc

Reaction score
Fellow Cascadians unite and share your thoughts and recipes for the sweet nectar bestowed upon us by the omnipotent Portlandia's bosom ...." The Black Ale (IPA..or whatever your comfortable with). Join us dear brothers and sisters of Cascadia! !

Chewbacca Defence Ale:
Code:
[B]Stats[/B]
Volume     5G
Method     All-Grain (BIAB) 65% Efficiency
OG         1.067
FG         1.016
IBU        83
Boil       90 Minutes

[B]Fermentables[/B]
Ingredient	         Amount
US Golden Promise	 13lb 0oz
US Caramel 60L Malt	 1lb 0oz
German Carafa II	 1lb 0oz
Black Patent             4oz (Last 15 minutes of mash)

[B]Hops[/B]
Variety	         Amount	    When
US Columbus	 0.50 oz    60 Min
US Columbus      1.00 oz    20 Min
US Amarillo	 0.50 oz    20 Min 
US Simcoe        0.50 oz    15 Min
US Amarillo	 0.50 oz    15 Min
US Simcoe        0.50 oz    10 Min 
US Amarillo	 0.50 oz     5 Min
US Simcoe        0.50 oz     5 Min
US Columbus      0.50 oz   Dry-Hopped
US Amarillo	 0.50 oz   Dry-Hopped
US Simcoe        0.50 oz   Dry-Hopped

[B]Yeast[/B]
Danstar-Nottingham

Agreed Prince Edward although beautiful will go to the United States ..Point Roberts stays within Cascadia!

You and I both know Point Roberts is useless when directly bordering its own nation. How will they travel without having to cross two borders to get to their own country? It is inhumane.

I would like to bring another topic up for debate: There should be no freedom of speech in the constitution of Cascadia. This is a fatal flaw in the US consitution. I am tired of dip****s running their mouths with impunity.

OH wow no free speech !? But you brewed an LL Cool Brown how can you say these things? I think you should be ready for the flames my man

Chewbacca Defence Ale:
Code:
[B]Stats[/B]
Volume     5G
Method     All-Grain (BIAB) 65% Efficiency
OG         1.067
FG         1.016
IBU        83
Boil       90 Minutes

[B]Fermentables[/B]
Ingredient	         Amount
US Golden Promise	 13lb 0oz
US Caramel 60L Malt	 1lb 0oz
German Carafa II	 1lb 0oz
Black Patent             4oz (Last 15 minutes of mash)

[B]Hops[/B]
Variety	         Amount	    When
US Columbus	 0.50 oz    60 Min
US Columbus      1.00 oz    20 Min
US Amarillo	 0.50 oz    20 Min 
US Simcoe        0.50 oz    15 Min
US Amarillo	 0.50 oz    15 Min
US Simcoe        0.50 oz    10 Min 
US Amarillo	 0.50 oz     5 Min
US Simcoe        0.50 oz     5 Min
US Columbus      0.50 oz   Dry-Hopped
US Amarillo	 0.50 oz   Dry-Hopped
US Simcoe        0.50 oz   Dry-Hopped

[B]Yeast[/B]
Danstar-Nottingham
Thank you for the recipe man !

Alright, we'll work on that free speech thing, but there has got to be line.

Black Hops in the bucket ...ready to be moved into secondary .....and so it begins

Photo 3.jpg

Black Hops Black Ale

Size:4.92 gal
Efficiency: 53.81%
Attenuation:73.5%
Calories: 305.4 kcal per 22 fl oz

Original Gravity:1.050 (1.046 - 1.052)

Terminal Gravity: (1.010 - 1.016)
Alcohol: 4.81% (4.40% - 5.40%)
Bitterness: 24.4 (22.00 - 32.00

Ingredients:
.5 lb British Crystal 55°L
.25 lb Weyermann Carafa® I
.5 lb Weyermann CaraMunich® I
.25 lb English Chocolate Malt
.125 lb British Black Patent
4 lb Dry Extra Light Extract
1 lb Dry Amber
1 oz Willamette (5.00%) - added during boil, boiled 60 min
.5 oz East Kent Goldings (5.00%) - added during boil, boiled 20.0 min[/i][/size]
8.00 fl oz WYeast 1056 American Ale

Using Briess Pilsen LDME and Briess Dry Amber
Steep @ 150-160 for 30min

Is there good homebrew there!? I'll take Austin that place is weird ...i like weird

Yeast Starter worked like a dream for my new IPA brew ! i am offically a Yeast starter fan. I'm now in search of a McMenimans RUBY or RUBINATOR for the SWMBO! any help out there ?

Pliny the Elder was consumed this weekend if you live in or close to Tacoma go to the Red Hot and they have it all. Walking Man Homo Erectus IPA as well and all the Chimay you can handle. Enjoy it !

Hey I don't think there are any clubs or brewers here in Tacoma or surrounding areas. I want to start one that meets and whatnot. Is there any interested people on here that would like to get together sample each others goods and basically help each other out....?...anyone?

Pliny the Elder was consumed this weekend if you live in or close to Tacoma go to the Red Hot and they have it all. Walking Man Homo Erectus IPA as well and all the Chimay you can handle. Enjoy it !

I am NOT driving to that ****hole for a beer. No matter how much I can't get it here. And i CANNOT get it here.

I am NOT driving to that ****hole for a beer. No matter how much I can't get it here. And i CANNOT get it here.

HAHAHA too right tooo right Lemme know where and I'll leave you a dead drop of the stuff someplace safe for you

Welcome please continue what your doing but be on the lookout for water-stealing Californians

We were talkingabout this at work yesterday. I spent a week in the LA area about 10 years ago. THe day we left was their 210th day without rain.

Oh, have you read Ecotopia?

Truth be told, I have not been to Powell's in years so I have not experienced this wonder. I will be in PDX the weekend of July 9 though...

That is so tempting. Long story short I am picking my daughter up from the airport and spending the weekend with family. She doesn't get in till 7 something though...

Back