Do I have a CO2 leak?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andysam

Reaction score
So, I disconnected my co2 tank from my ball lock keg and turned off the gas. When I disconnected it the high pressure gauge read like 500 psi, and the low pressure gauge read 12 psi. In the morning the low pressure gauge read 12 psi still but the high pressure gauge read 0. Should the high pressure gauge have had pressure still?

I'd call it a slow leak. The high pressure side might change a little over-night, but it should not run down to zero. Don't know how tight you've got the nut at the tank, but I'd give it 1/8th of a turn and test again.

Check the connections . I have a few that the gas QD sometimes leaks when not hooked up to the keg . I have to hit the pin inside a few times and then it will seal. When it does that I take them apart clean and put a little keg lube and then they work great for months.

Do you have the plastic gasket between the tanks connector and the regulator? Check for leaks with soapy water or a solution of Star-San and look for expanding bubbles.

Back