Half coupling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polecreek

Reaction score
My kegs just got back from having the full couplings welded in them that I bought and left for the welder. To my surprise I have some full couplings and some half couplings welded in, who knew the welder knew more about what I wanted than I did. On my boil kettle I only have half couplings but I need to hook up on the inside a line that goes under my false bottom. The outside needs to hook to my pump. Ideas?

If your fittings are 1/2", try running a 3/8" pipe tap into your nipple and using a 3/8" fitting for your pickup line.

My kegs just got back from having the full couplings welded in them that I bought and left for the welder. To my surprise I have some full couplings and some half couplings welded in, who knew the welder knew more about what I wanted than I did. On my boil kettle I only have half couplings but I need to hook up on the inside a line that goes under my false bottom. The outside needs to hook to my pump. Ideas?

Have your welder weld another half coupling on the inside of your boil kettle like you originally asked for.

Take them back and ask the welder where the crap your SS Full coupling are and where these half came from and why he didn't do what you wanted! have him re-do it right.

The welder is in another town and I dont want to wait 2 more weeks to get the kegs back+. Threading the nipple is a great idea, I will try it

Back