Mixed Gas Tank Fills (Denver Area)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmkratt

Reaction score
So I will be getting a Nitrogen tank and regulator for the holiday and have been calling around looking for a place that fills the mixed gas (75/25 N2/CO2) but have had zero luck. I am curious if anyone in the area has any suggestions? I have tried every LHBS, liquor store, welding supply, and CO2 fill station I am aware of without much luck.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The brew hut in Aurora couldn't fill it?

No, I called them and the lady said No and didn't have any ideas on where to go. I know they fill CO2 there and thought they did the beer gas mix but I guess not?

I know this is a bit of a drive, but if you are in a huge pinch, the AirGas in Fort Collins said that they could fill a tank with "beer gas" last time i went in to fill my co2 tank.

Chromados

I know this is a bit of a drive, but if you are in a huge pinch, the AirGas in Fort Collins said that they could fill a tank with "beer gas" last time i went in to fill my co2 tank.

Chromados

That helps, there is an AirGas downtown somewhere I think. I will check it out.

Thank you

I've actually swapped out a CO2 for beer gas at the General Air in Boulder on Walnut Street. Try them out.

I second Alowell's suggestion of General Air, last time I was there they said they could do it. I fill my tanks there and they have good prices ($20 for a 20# tank of CO2)

I've actually swapped out a CO2 for beer gas at the General Air in Boulder on Walnut Street. Try them out.

I hope you stopped at the Walnut Brewery on the way there and back too? I used to be the sous chef there about 10 years ago.

Just an update in case anyone in the area ever has the same question down the line:

AirGas will fill the cylinders with the beer gas. As I have a new tank and don't want to swap I will drop my tank off today. Airgas will ship it to the warehouse where it will be filled tomorrow. I will be able to pick up on Friday. They do the shipments every Tuesday and Friday. With the holidays it will be a little skewed this week but normally that's how it will work.

If I understood correctly if I wanted to swap and they had the gas mix I wanted in stock I could do a quick swap and be on my way just like CO2. However with the gas mixes it isn't as likely they will have what you need so it's more likely to ship it out.

Hope that helps.

Thanks again for all the comments and suggestions!!

Also The Brew Hut WILL take the cylinders in but their gas company only accepts 20 lbs cylinders.

is there a proper mixture for beer gas? i was told it was 90/10 not 75/25. just trying to get my facts straight. (my welding supply sells the 90/10)

Not sure. I am new to the nitro. BYO had an article that said 75/25 in the recent issue so that's what I went with.

UPDATE:

I picked up my cylinder today, finally, and had a bit of sticker shock at the price of $40 for the 5# fill. I knew it was going to be expensive but considering I fill my 10# CO2 for $8 this was a lot! I hope it's worth it!

I found out Centennial-Tap also fills them. I will go with them next time and see about any price difference and report back in case anyone is in the same boat.

NEW UPDATE:

So Centennial Tap will fill 5# cylinders for like $15.84. MUCH cheaper than AirGas, and they can turn it around in 24 hours. Highly recommended:

http://centennialtap.com/
1930 W. 41st St., Denver, CO 80211

Thanks for the info; very helpful.

I just called and they now refill in just a few minutes while you wait. I was told it would be just under $20. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff.

NEW UPDATE:

So Centennial Tap will fill 5# cylinders for like $15.84. MUCH cheaper than AirGas, and they can turn it around in 24 hours. Highly recommended:

http://centennialtap.com/
1930 W. 41st St., Denver, CO 80211

Back