First Time Kegging - Natural / Forced Carb

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lieb2101

Reaction score
I kegged my first two batches of brew last night. I included 1/2 cup dextrose priming solution each. I then pressurized the kegs to around 15-20 to ensure a good seal.

My question is, what is my best bet for getting this carbed well. Since I primed it, should I relieve the pressure? Or should I leave it pressurized and do a mix of forced and natural carbonation. Do I need to leave it hooked up to the tank for forced carbonation over time or is pressurizing it enough? Sorry, newb questions, but let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks,
B

If you've primed it, set it someplace warm and give it two-three weeks. Then put it in the kegerator to chill. Purge the pressure (so you don't get backflow into your regulator) and then set to serving pressure.

Since you've primed it, you want to ferment the priming sugar out completely so the beer isn't too sweet.

Back