Sanke to Corny

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AGBrewer

Reaction score
Anybody ever racked a sanke to 3 cornies? I was thinking about picking up a sanke full of snpa or stone ipa or similar and racking to cornies to disburse in my kegerator. Being that I live in utah getting a full keg requires sneaking it across the border from evanston wyoming. Heading up to get a keg for a friend this weekend, just and idea. What say you?

Haven't done it myself, but that's how Dave at Oregon Trails fills cornies. You need a Sanke tapper, CO2 and an adapter for the liquid side of the cornie. Since you have to cross state lines, maybe take the cornies with you, get the keg, transfer and turn the keg in.

david_42 said:
maybe take the cornies with you, get the keg, transfer and turn the keg in.
That's a good idea, I think I will try it.

I can see you standing in the parking lot of the liquor store transferring it...everyone watching you..."I bet that guy lives in Utah." :D :cross:

I got the keg, ended up with snpa, but I couldn't find a co2 sanke tap in time. So I have one on the way. How would be the best way to going about doing this.

Connect your CO2 to the input of the of the sanke tap, Connect the output to a liquid QD via 1/4, or 3/16 vinyl tubing, and use the CO2 pressure (just a few PSI) to push the beer in through the Liquid out dip tube in the cornies.

Good Luck!

Yeah, I think the way to go would be to let the pressure equalize between the two then pull on the relief valve, repeat until full

Pardon my ignorance but my jaw is on my knees! Are you joking or do you really have to sneak beer into Utah? I mean, I know it's a heavily Mormon state but is it totally dry? If that's the case we can just forget about that ski trip there this winter.

Paul

No, you don't have to sneak beer into utah. Beer is legal but not in a container 5 gallons or bigger. Hence the fact that homebrewing is technically illegal. Also we have 3.2 beer unless you go to the state controlled liquor store.

Yep, Sober mormons decide what kind of beer to stock, Thank god for nevada, colorado, and wyoming, all within a few hours

Back