headed to sonoma

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott249

Reaction score
my wife and i are headed to sonoma in the spring. being that i don't care too much for wine, are there any good breweries in the area of guerneville? any help would be appreciated.

How about Russian River in Santa Rosa and Bear Republic in Healdsburg for starters?

The interweb says there is a place called Stumptown in Guerneville, but I've never heard of it.

Stumptown Brewery is in Guerneville.

Bear Republic is in nearby Healdsburg.

You'll probably go through Santa Rosa, which is PACKED with great breweries, most notably RUSSIAN RIVER!

Quite frankly, I'm jealous.

Russian River is an absolute must hit. Lagunitas does an excellent brewery tour in Petaluma (and they have a beer garden). Moylan's is a great place to eat lunch and sample beer (just south on the freeway of Lagunitas). Bear Republic is also quite awesome. One time I hit RR, Moylans, and Bear Republic in the same day....it was awesome.

Awesome...I am also heading there in the spring with the wife. We both have never been there. I basically talked her into it and she is all excited. She does not know that we are stopping at Russian River for a few pints.

I live here in Sebastopol about 8 miles away, Stumptown is ok. Guerneville is very eclectic, and very country. There's a sign as you leave Stumptown that says "Leave quickly and quietly, the neighbors have guns" and it's probably true. All the mentioned places are great and easily accessible. Your're staying in Guerneville?

Back