Kegged my first brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkroger

Reaction score
Kegged my first brew a week ago put 30 PSI in the can to seal the lid then reduced the pressure to 12 for force carbonation, today I pulled the first glass from the Keg and used an independent taster... Favorable review
nice clean Beer smell not too strong or alcoholic, since it is supposed to be an American Light I think I have done well in creating it... I'll call it 442 Pilsner
Seems OK I own a 69 442 so it works.. Definitely American... Smells better than Budweiser and Miller I wish I could have a sample myself... Soon though very soon! Almost time to Can the Weizen!

kkroger said:
I own a 69 442 so it works

Ooh, a '69 442...from when a car was a CAR, and gas was 29 cents a gallon :)

'course in '69 I could only drool over a 442...did have a nice '59 348 tho, with glass paks :cool:

So do I understand you right, in that you skipped the whole bottle thing, and went straight to kegs? Was it too much more expensive?

Initial cost was probably higher but now that I have 5 kegs and the entire keg kit it should not be an issue in the future, And I had not to worry with such as "Priming Sugar" or Bottling Wands or the contortionist act to hold everything at once! Just me and an auto siphon and a Keg.... :)

Seems to have turned out quite well and yes I went straight to Kegs with the first batch, I am planning to use them at a Bbq I am having To celebrate being done with Chemotherapy so it will just be easier out of Kegs... :cool:

Muscle Cars! I had a Chevell SS 396. I always drooled on every 442 I saw back then. Congrats on your Beer making success ,your Kegging system
and most of all your chemo. Hope you kicked butt!

Back