First Saison... Randall maybe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvisinho

Reaction score
Good afternoon all,

So, I just finished up my first saison dupont. Literally just kegged it 20 minutes ago.
Color is there, the banana/citrus/clove/barnyard funk scents are all there but I think its a tad bitter. Not sue if its just the kit or if that's how its really supposed to taste.
I will drink it no problem. Its the guests at my party next Saturday im worried about. I usually make an ipa or a pale but I wanted to do something different this year. Not everyone is a beer connoisseur

I do have a randall and im looking for ideas. I haven't seen many saison ideas except for orange peel, tangerine, some cloves etc.
I have a pound of fresh hops in the freezer that im considering but im not sure how it will come out.

Suggestions for randalling a saison?????

Thanks, any help is appreciated.:mug:

You could make it more 'American' by adding citrusy hops to it - something like Tank 7 if you've had that beer.

How does it taste carbonated? Carbonation can definitely soften some of the bitterness. I tend to think saisons are usually best when left simple and dry, but the beauty of the Randall is that it's not permanently altering the beer. I would probably stick to fresh tangerine/orange peel and/or some super citrusy hops.

ill definitely have another taste in a couple days and re asses.
Ill head to the local brewer supply and pick up some citra.
Maybe a couple tangerines with citra will taste alright.

I just drank the last pint of my first saison. I brewed it with Citra hops and it turned out great. I bittered with Northern brewer and did late hopping with the Citra. I would definitely recommend it. I am sad to drink the last of it. I think the randall with some whole cone Citra would be excellent.

Back