My FEB experience

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
Just tried a bottle of my First Ever Brew. An IPA from the Brewer's Best kit.

Now, I know that it needs to condition longer. I just cooked it up about 2.5 weeks ago, but I couldn't wait to try it. Besides, I need a reference to see how well conditioning treats it (yeah, that's why I cracked one early.)

Not bad. Needs more time to round out the flavors, but it was decent. Started sweet, ended bitter. A bit alcoholic, a bit hoppy and a bit malty all in one. Decent head on it, nice brussels lace.

I'm proud to call myself a homebrewer. By August, this beer will be delicious.

Congrats cheese. You will have to let us know how it is in a month or so :).

Cheesefood said:
Not bad. Needs more time to round out the flavors, but it was decent. Started sweet, ended bitter. A bit alcoholic, a bit hoppy and a bit malty all in one. Decent head on it, nice brussels lace.

Oh yeah. Some more time will definitely smooth that out and blend the flavors together more.
You're hooked. :D

Cheesefood said:

Man, I can almost taste it. Good description. Can't wait til the final tally.. that is , if it last that long. Its going to be tough trying to leave it alone.

My next one is going to be the most difficult to age. I'm so stoked about mmy Honey White! The IPA wort tasted good, but the honey white wort tasted absolutely fantastic. I could have poured it over ice and drank it as-is. I'm jealous of those little single-cell yeast for getting to enjoy it now when I can't. I'm considering making another batch on top of the yeast from this batch.

When I announced myself as a homebrewer, all my friends were, well, let's just say they weren't too excited. Everyone has had "bad" homebrew in its many forms. When my first batch came out not just drinkable but good, I forced them to try it, to unanimous praise. Now I'm an unstoppable brew-obsessed freak.

Cheese, if your beer tastes okay now, just stop drinking it for about 2 more weeks. You'll have a totally different thing, and only better.

I just fridged it. I figured that it's got to be about perfectly carbonated now, so I might as well not risk over-carbing it. 45 bottles of beer in the fridge, 45 bottles of beer... If one of those bottles happen to get drunk, 44 bottles of beer in the fridge...

And 5 gallons in the basement.

And of course about 8 MGD's, and 5 more Blue Moons.

Back