eBay Humulus lupulus seeds

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undallas

Reaction score
I was browsing ebay for some Hops stuff.
One thing that interests me is growing hops...
THere are eBay vendors that sell Humulus lupulus seeds.

What type of hop is this?

Is there any way I can know?

it says it is for beer making...i would assume it is something like cascade.

Humulus Lupulus is just the Latin name for the common hop. It's not a specific variety. It'd be a good question to pose to the eBay seller.

Humulus Lupulus is just the Latin name for the common hop. It's not a specific variety. It'd be a good question to pose to the eBay seller.

Also, if you're planning on using the hops (not just decorative), keep in mind that only the female plant produces cones.

We (those of us who grow hops at home) buy rhizomes. It's a piece of root guaranteed to be a female plant. They are about $3-$5 each.

I bought these seeds and haven't planted them. I bought them this summer before i knew what a rizhome was and don't really want to brew with something that i have no idea what it is

I bought these seeds and haven't planted them. I bought them this summer before i knew what a rizhome was and don't really want to brew with something that i have no idea what it is

I was going to say - throw them onto some unused public land. Then I remembered that Hops are considered an invasive pest plant in many places.

Latest posts

Back