Russian River ceasing distribution to Washington

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jukas

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Bad news for the folks up north.

http://beerpulse.com/2013/01/russian-river-brewing-pulls-out-of-the-state-of-washington/

Russian River is ceasing distribution to the state of Washington immediately, and the final shipments to distributors in that state have already been sent. If your a Washingtonite and have honey holes for finding RR beers I'd suggest snagging what you can now.

While it's bad for those in WA, it's good news for us local folks as local distribution has been getting extremely tight the last few months and both the local bottle shops to me often sell out their entire weekly shipment within 48hrs of arrival.

Well I can't blame them, our lawz on beer and liquor are antiquated at best up here. Best of luck to the guys, gonna suck having to drive into Oregon to taste your wares but such is life I guess.

Its ok, more for us california locals! Haven't found anyplace out here in the valley that stocks it, but anytime I'm in the bay area I stock up.

some of the comments on their facebook page are hilarious. "make more beer", "you guys aren't the best anyway (insert name of beer) is much better anyway", "stop being elitist and make more beer" and so on. some people seem to think it's just a simple matter of making more beer and shipping it to them and everything will be ok.

eastoak said:
some of the comments on their facebook page are hilarious. "make more beer", "you guys aren't the best anyway (insert name of beer) is much better anyway", "stop being elitist and make more beer" and so on. some people seem to think it's just a simple matter of making more beer and shipping it to them and everything will be ok.

I've had styles of beer from RR that weren't my favorite or I didn't care for but I've never had a bad beer from them. I'm ok with them focusing on quality over quantity, but I was surprised they were only a 14,000bbl business.

Wouldn't surprise me to see them buy building and scale up their brew house in the next few years.

Back