Leinenkugel's Lemon Berry Shandy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h4mmy86

Reaction score
Tasty brew for sure!

...but I have this suspicion that its just leftover summer shandy combined with sunset wheat, lol

I mean, am I right!?

LOL. This was a frequent answer to the worst commercial beer you have ever drank thread. I know better than to drink this to begin with.

LOL. This was a frequent answer to the worst commercial beer you have ever drank thread. I know better than to drink this to begin with.

The Summer Shandy was the common answer in the worst commercial beer. I haven't seen the Lemon Berry Shandy, but I can't imagine it's any better than the straight up Summer Shandy.

I must be the only person on the planet that likes this stuff. I have a sweet tooth to begin with, but I also enjoy pretty much any style of beer and switch it up frequently. So long as you know exactly what it is (Sunset Wheat, Berry Weiss, Lemon Shandy, etc.) and expect only that, then there's not much to it. I'm not looking for a 5-star, world class, 49/50 beer when I buy a Sunset Wheat. I'm looking for a cheap, easy drinking, thirst quenching, tasty beer. F'in love me some fruity pebbles.

I love Sunset Wheat and the Berry Weiss. The problem starts when you begin mixing them up and making bastardizations of other styles out of them.

Because of this thread I picked up a 12 pack of this last night. I'll let you know how it was in a few days

Drank two last night. Was one of the best beers I've had! Not nearly as sweet as I expected from reading reviews/

I can't be the only here that despises both of those beers.

Nope. Me too. That crap's gotta be so cold you can't taste it when you drink it. Summer Shandy, Berry Weis and Sunset Wheat = too sweet if allowed to warm past 40 F!

Chick "beer." :drunk:

Me too. The summer shandy is greaton a hot day. I have my own version I came up with for my wife to brew listed. Haven't tried any of the new ones yet.

I must be the only person on the planet that likes this stuff. I have a sweet tooth to begin with, but I also enjoy pretty much any style of beer and switch it up frequently. So long as you know exactly what it is (Sunset Wheat, Berry Weiss, Lemon Shandy, etc.) and expect only that, then there's not much to it. I'm not looking for a 5-star, world class, 49/50 beer when I buy a Sunset Wheat. I'm looking for a cheap, easy drinking, thirst quenching, tasty beer. F'in love me some fruity pebbles.

no you're not the only one i'm actually enjoying one right now I don't know why this beer gets such a bad review I am personally looking for an extract clone recipe I love it so much.

I think the lemon-berry is great! The Sunset Wheat is great but I've drank so much of it I'm kinda burned out on it. I found this thread looking for a clone recipe for the lemon-berry. Everyone has their own taste. I'd drink this beer in winter just as well and I wouldn't knock the next guys stout even though I wouldn't want it. Can anybody take a shot at guessing a clone recipe for this Lemon Berry Shandy?

Leinenkugels has always been somewhat of a favorite beer of mine. My dad's side of the family is from Chippewa Falls, we still have some land up there and visited family members in Stanley Wisconsin quite a bit while growing up. It was the first beer I ever drank. I don't know if it's good or not to others, but I've always liked most of what they put out. That is except for anything they put fruit in. Berry, lemon, it all has a strange cool-aide taste as opposed to any real fruit flavor. This just doesn't sound like somthing I would stomach very well.

I think the lemon berry is pretty good. But not something I'd sit down & drink a lot of. But I like the 12 pack containers for my bottles. They have seperators in them. I've got a whole stack of'em with my pop top bottles in them.

I think the lemon berry is pretty good. But not something I'd sit down & drink a lot of. But I like the 12 pack containers for my bottles. They have seperators in them. I've got a whole stack of'em with my pop top bottles in them.

I hear that, for sure!
They most certainly do have the best 12 pack boxes around.

I also like how there 12 pack boxes have 2-3 layer tops with tabs to hold them closed. Keeps those bottles in the dark!

I wish they'd revive the 1888 Bock

I got it in a sampler a year or two back and never saw it again.

I wish they'd revive the 1888 Bock

I got it in a sampler a year or two back and never saw it again.

1888 Bock had been their spring seasonal. As of 2013 it's been replaced by a Kölsch (Canoe Paddler).

My National Guard unit was out of Chippewa Falls and my alma matter is 10 minuets down the road. Lotta love for Leinenkugel's Brewery!

The 1888 was the best one I ever tasted the rest sucked I've never been able to find the Origanal just varity packs--but the 12 pack boxes are the best if you're bottling

I picked up one of the 12 pack variety packs a week ago and all were good except the Lemon-Berry Shandy. YUCK! One of, if not the worst beers I have ever had. I made myself drink about a 4th of it and finally just dumped it. I gave the other 2 to a co-worker. BLECH! You can have that crap....

It's funny to see such mixed reviews of this beer. For something so light, so sweet, and so fruity, I think it's pretty good.

...Ya know, for what it is.

Back