210 beers bottled tosday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warrior

Reaction score
Bottled the most homebrew ever for me in one day. Used a tube and bottle stopper with picnic tap on a keg to bottle 210 beers today of Biermunchers Bluemoon clone recipe. Glad I'll probably never bottle that many at one time again! Have to say though the set up works fairly well once you get the hang of keeping the beer under pressure while burping it a couple of times while filling.

Wow - good call man. Belgian Wits are intriguing me more than usual lately. Hoegaarden is definitely my current go-to Wit - but Blue Moon is definitely quite tasty - especially on tap.

Nice Job! Congrats on that! Never done that much before. Was this a solo job or how many people did you have helping you?

I don't plan on doing that many at one time again! Two of us did the bottling, I was filling, Tony was sanitizing the bottles and placing them on the brew tree before filling. Tony was also doing the capping.

Wow - good call man. Belgian Wits are intriguing me more than usual lately. Hoegaarden is definitely my current go-to Wit - but Blue Moon is definitely quite tasty - especially on tap.

I'm really starting to enjoy the style more and more. Just popped another Wyeast pouch to make a starter. Making another 24 gals next week, going to up the O.G. a little on this one. 1st one was 1.036, going to shoot for about a 1.040 this time.

Damn....Laverne and Shirley style...

laverne-shirley.jpg

i will have to do the same next week, 10gal of triple, 10 of saison and 10 of amber, but i mostly use 16oz bottles so should end up with around 220

i will have to do the same next week, 10gal of triple, 10 of saison and 10 of amber, but i mostly use 16oz bottles so should end up with around 220

It'll be a long day but at least you can drink a few while bottling :)

Sorry, I would have replied sooner but I had to go give my kegs and kegorator a quick hug.

Do you have a source for your tube and stopper setup?

Hoebrew shop. It's an old racking cane that I cut off the curved end. I then used tubing, a #2 bottle stopper, liquid disconnect for the keg connection and a thumb tap. This set up works in that you burp the bottle as it is filling. The pressure between burps keeps the head down on the beer.

Back