• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Free Large Chest Freezer- no collar needed! (Central PA)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberbackpacker

Reaction score
Pickup is pending.

I moved for work from PA to MI three months ago, and the family is still in PA selling the house.

Well, our house if finally under contract, and we are signing paperwork on a house here in Michigan today.

So, my wife is afraid we won't get all of our stuff in a moving van, and I am afraid I won't be able to get this freezer down the stairs to our new basement in MI.

This freezer will hold 8-10 corny kegs without a collar, and freezes/cools/chills perfectly. (I also mocked it up to fit 8 corny kegs, a 20lb CO2 tank and a 10lb beergas tank all at once).

The only thing it will need is some insulation in the lid; I had removed the old insulation because I was going to attach a wood top to attach a tower/coffin for taps for a keezer. Well when I lost my job this just fell to the back burner. As it sits, the weather stripping and plastic trim under the lid are not installed/attached right now, but I do have them.

That said, an ~3'x5' piece of insulation and you will be good to go. I believe the actual measurements are close to 44" from left to right x 30" from front to back. I am in MI though, so those are estimated.

Interior height is unknown, but a collar is not needed for this; sanke's and corney's with fittings fit in their with not problem.

Free to a good home if you remove it A.S.A.P. It is currently in a walkout basement sitting on a wooden base with casters. You are welcome to keep the base too, but not the casters-- I am keeping the casters.

Contact through here if you are interested. It is located in Lewisburg, 17837.

Too far away to drive for me, too bad to since my freezer just crapped out on me 2 days ago. I can hear my warm kegs of beer wailing in pain every night before I fall asleep.

It sounds perfect.....except for the drive. And the fact that I have a cavalier and would neet to rent a uhaul. Good luck in Michigan though!

Bring it to Holland, I'll find a good home for it....... :)

Congrats on the House! Let me know when you're ready for a pint at New Holland, I'll buy the first round. Make sure you get down there for Hatter Days this weekend it will be a blast!! :mug:

Damnit I wish I was still living in State College!

Edit: A true Penn State Fan makes his 1000th post while proclaiming his love for all things Nittany Lion!

Edit Edit: You better not be trading your Blue and White for Maize and Blue!!!!

I may have found someone local to Lewisburg, so we will see.

d_oz, if we thought we could make it fit, it'd probably already be planned to head this way! That is really the big issue-- too much stuff to move ourselves in a uhaul/hertz!

Thanks for the offer on the brew, I'd be glad to take you up on that!

:mug:

I'll get in line for this if your local person falls through. I'm about 3 hours out but the price is right to make that drive! I'll need to measure my truck to see if it will fit in there (durango). Any estimate on height? If it is too big I'll have to arrange for a different vehicle which shouldn't be too difficult. Let me know!

Edit Edit: You better not be trading your Blue and White for Maize and Blue!!!!

Sorry kpr121, I was only a Pennsylvania resident for less than 3 years, so I have no allegiances to Penn State; I am Blue and Gold- Go Irish!

But that does mean we can both agree on being against the Maize and Blue!

:mug:

well holler if it falls through. I can be out there first thing tomorrow morning... Would definitely make an excellent addition to my basement; however, not sure how the swmbo will respond but I'd rather deal with that once she finds it in the basement ;-)

Latest posts

Back