New Brewstand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grasslands

Reaction score
Completely stoked to have landed this "new" brewstand.

Actually, there's a sentimental story behind this sucker. I successfully bid on this during an auction where the proceeds go directly to my local homebrewer's association. It was actually designed and built by one of the association's founding members - who unfortunately passed away many years ago. I was happy to participate in this auction and land this brewstand, which came about well before the homebrewing market started to ascend. I guess it's on to all-grain!

I have a larger cooler I plan on using for a mash tun, but you get the point nonetheless.

FrontView1.jpg

HLTank.jpg

LockingCasters.jpg

HLInterior.jpg

BoilKettleInterior.jpg

BaseAssmebly.jpg

:ban:WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:ban:

Nice, are those kettles bolted to the frame?

I haven't picked it up yet, so I'll let you know (most likely next week) when I get it.

I've been told the entire setup can be broken down completely, so I'd assume that the kettles can be removed.

Congratulations on winning the auction and on moving up to all-grain! :)

Indeed! I'm more than happy to start! Ironically enough, I just DIY'd a keggle myself, though these are done much better. I'm going to have to figure out how I can get my March pump in action here.

Brewed on this three times so far (IIPA, Oatmeal Stout and a Tripel)...it's a complete breeze. I was skurred to make the jump to AG, but man, this setup makes it very, very easy. I ended up using a 12g Rubbermaid cube cooler for my MLT.

FWIW, the kettles are removable. Now to work on my efficiency.

Wow, 30 gallons already, eh? Nice...

The IIPA - is this a clone recipe? I've just about killed all of my Ruination clone batch. *wipes a tear*...

At the moment my carboys are filled with:

- Vanilla Bourbon Porter
- Belgian Double
- a secret recipe I hope to unleash at an upcoming NFBL meeting :mug:

Oh, and fwiw, it is easy to go overboard with coriander when making a saison. Just sayin'.

Wow, 30 gallons already, eh? Nice...

The IIPA - is this a clone recipe? I've just about killed all of my Ruination clone batch. *wipes a tear*...

At the moment my carboys are filled with:

- Vanilla Bourbon Porter
- Belgian Double
- a secret recipe I hope to unleash at an upcoming NFBL meeting :mug:

Oh, and fwiw, it is easy to go overboard with coriander when making a saison. Just sayin'.

Nah...just 5 gallon batches to start - I didn't want to go nuts just yet with the switch to AG. It's coming soon though, very soon.

The IIPA was actually a Pliny the Elder clone, but my efficiency was horrible and I ended up topping it off with about a gallon of water and waited forever for the sucker to clear up/dryhop. It's just about finished carbing up at the moment (kegged) and it's gradually turned into a nice, light and very hoppy (taste/aroma) IPA....very far from an IIPA.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll PM you the recipe I used.

Also, if these suckers were staying anywhere else besides outside, I'd definitely shine em up! I like the gritty look the whole setup has as it is. :mug:

Back