Now what should I brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonneville

Reaction score
Pick my style! My brew history to date:

• Several APA
  • Several IPAs
  • A few porters
  • 1 Dry Stout, 2 Imperial Stouts
  • 1 amber
  • 1 CA common
  • 1 English Pale Ale
  • 3 Brown Ales - 1 awful, 1 'meh', and 1 in the secondary

I think that's it. I have an IPA on tap, 1 APA in secondary, 1 APA in primary, latest brown in secondary, amber on tap, and an imperial stout bottled.

What should I brew now? I'd like to do something a bit different... Belgian Dubbel, maybe? No lagering... Open to all suggestions, ideas.

BELGIAN!!!!
i didn't even like this stuff 2 months ago, but now i can't get enough. light but complex and with that funk 'n spice from the yeast....wow. i did a saison and then washed the yeast and made a belgian blonde. these are some easy drinking beers that will mess you up. maybe best too brew them when your basement is warmer in summer though as the yeast likes the heat.

apfelwein for the holidays...it's different. mine's been in primary for a month. i never liked cider but heard great things about edwort's recipe. oh, i just saw you fermented this already. or something with spices for the holidays...nutmeg, cinnamon, etc.

Yeah - thought about a spiced beer, but it's already getting late for Holiday brews. Was thinking of doing a flavored Apfelwein... but need some "drinking" beer, and wanted to depart from APAs... so sounds like the Dubbel might be the ticket.

How about a Scottish Wee Heavy? I did one of those last spring and really enjoyed the flavor departure from my regular brews. High gravity, strong malt flavor, gains complexity over a few months. Not a brew I want every day, but really good. Just polished off the last bottle this past week and it definitely got better and better over time.

jbambuti - Interesting, but probably looking for lower gravity/alcohol brews because I will have 2 imperials and an IPA lying around. Need something I can drink 3-4 beers... but I'm going to keep that in mind for later.

American style Barleywine

or an

English Bitter

or an Irish Red or an Old Ale

+1 for a Bitter if you want a session style beer. FWIW, Bitters are also difficult to find on store shelves, so it is a style that you most likely wont have access to unless you brew it.

Back