Do NOT put StarSan in the dishwasher!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanveann

Reaction score
That is all.

(Oh, except that I should add that this was my husband's idea, NOT mine! Also, I now have very clean kitchen floors.)

A little too much foaming action, perhaps?

Was it like this;

381461011vUOfnH_ph.jpg

Or like the blob?

the-blob-eats-a-jock.jpg

That is all.

(Oh, except that I should add that this was my husband's idea, NOT mine! Also, I now have very clean kitchen floors.)

Not only are your floors clean, they are sanitized! You can literally eat off of them!

How bad did the foam get? Curiosity is getting the better of me here.

Well, we used about five large towels to sop up the suds and water off the floor, and it's still coming out ...

Would It also be a bad idea to put starsan in the rinse agent thing in the dishwasher?

This thread is worthless without pictures.

Maybe someone could rig up a dishwasher with a small circular opening coming out the front and we could see a picture of the world's longest foam snake.

Hmm, my floors are a little grimy, and I need to run my dishwasher soon to keep the lines from dry rotting. How much should I use? :)

starsan might not work but pbw works ten times better than regular dishwasher detergent, once a month I use some and it keeps the dishwasher spotless.

I you like I can put some wellbore cleaner that they use for cleaning out oil wells in the dishwasher at work. 1 gallon + retreat to safe distance should be okay.

Ahh, that's classic :D

Same reason you don't put regular dish soap in the dishwasher. I learned that lesson in college.

I think we ALL made that mistake in college. On that note, make sure to check out the basement below the dishwasher, last time I made this mistake, I had a NASTY leak in the basement that was even harder to clean up than the kitchen floor.

My dad put dish soap in the dishwasher a few years ago. He was about 57-58 yo. I was like, WTF? Hasn't he ever done dishes before? I guess not.

The problem is that your dishwasher is out of balance. To cut down on foaming you need a longer hose.... Turning down the pressure might help too... :ban:

My wife has about a hundred of these types of incidents that she keeps in her memory Roledex.
She starts out: "Remember when _______".

While I can't remember what we had for dinner last night... :tank:

I used powdered spic-n-span in the dishwasher one time when I was a kid. The box was right next to the powdered dishwasher soap under the sink. I had about 6 inches of bubbles over the entire kitchen floor. Mom wasn't amused. I however thought it was freeking hilarious.

I have used starsan in the dishwasher the last 4 times I have bottled, and it worked PERFECTLY!

I think the OP's problem is that too much was used. I use about 1/3 ounce. Never had a problem.

Back