Another issue with forgotten aroma hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blcampb

Reaction score
While making my latest (3rd ever) batch, I accidentally tossed my aroma hops in with my flavoring. I'm not too worried about the IBUs, but I'm thinking about dry hopping with hop pellets in my primary.

I've read all the posts on here about this issue, and I think I can get away with this best by using a paint straining bag over my siphon when racking to the bottling bucket. Will this paint straining bag keep out any/all of my yeast and thus prevent carbonation in the bottles?

Sorry if this is a dumb question?

While making my latest (3rd ever) batch, I accidentally tossed my aroma hops in with my flavoring. I'm not too worried about the IBUs, but I'm thinking about dry hopping with hop pellets in my primary.

I've read all the posts on here about this issue, and I think I can get away with this best by using a paint straining bag over my siphon when racking to the bottling bucket. Will this paint straining bag keep out any/all of my yeast and thus prevent carbonation in the bottles?

Sorry if this is a dumb question?

The pellets will disolve and drop out. As long as you don't dip your racking cane into the trub you won't get any of the hop sludge into your bottling bucket.

Back