"I Yam what I Yam" - Sweet Potato Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cap'n Jewbeard

Reaction score
So, sadly, I can't use this for commercial purposes- because I will totally get sued for all kinds of infringement. But that's true of all of my labels, eh?

YamwhatIYam.jpg

Actually, very tasty! The sweet potato is pretty hidden, flavor-wise, so it's just got this lovely, lovely color, and the hops are really riding high. It almost sort of reminds me of an IPA, in terms of the bitterness levels, but it's got more body. Really very nice. I'm happy to send around samples!

I'd move the mug over a bit, so it is sitting on his hand OR move the tip of his finger inside the mug's bottom dimple, then it would look like he is balancing the mug on that finger.

There was a huge thread on this while you were on hiatus, Orfy. That'll teach you to leave us... :D

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=15416

I don't recall the plan to take this brew in a hoppy direction, though; I figured (especially since I've never pegged you as a hophead) that this was going to be a relatively mellow, malty, sweet brew. I'm interested in seeing how it comes out. Did you have any problems with the mash?

I did one too, but I used 7 lbs. of sweet potatoes and I think the aroma and a little bit of flavor came through really well. I can post that recipe if you guys want.

Matt

Well, my recipe (and attendant notes) are posted back in the original sweet potato ale thread. I will post a pic of finished bottle (and a glass o' the beaut) tomorrow.

Thanks for all your support on this one!

Looking forward to those pics......I think come late August or September I'll have to take a shot at this brew, sounds tasty.

P funky said:
Well, my recipe (and attendant notes) are posted back in the original sweet potato ale thread. I will post a pic of finished bottle (and a glass o' the beaut) tomorrow.

Thanks for all your support on this one!

Anxiously awaiting a pic of your finished product :D

clayof2day said:
I did one too, but I used 7 lbs. of sweet potatoes and I think the aroma and a little bit of flavor came through really well. I can post that recipe if you guys want.

Matt

Please post your recipe & procedures. I'm going to try this next fall at harvest time.

Back