How often do you drink homebrew???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ol' Grog

Reaction score
Some of ya'll are brewing demons.....4 or 5 in primary, 2 and 3 in secondary and a couple of kegs and bottles to boot. I usually have a "couple" (depending on whose version of a couple you believe....me or SWMBO) at home on Friday's after work and maybe on Saturday evenings.

Back in the days of bottle conditioning, I probably had 1 or 2 in the pipeline and a few cases at all times. Waiting out the bottle conditioning slowed down the entire brew/wait/drink/brew circle. Then came the keg equipment and the keg fridge - and most importantly force capbonation. I've got 5 5 gal cornies and 3 2.5's - i'd say i fluctuate from 2-4 full kegs at all times and 2-3 fermenting.

If it MUCH easier to tear through the homebrew with the keg/fridge system, and it is also a lot easier to distribute to thirsty friends if i need more keg room......

I will buy a lager from time to time (Oktoberfest currently), but I probably average a few HB's every other night. I try to keep 4 cases around at a time, and take 6ers to friends' places. No keg yet :(

I'm still working on the pipeline after a 7 year sabbatical. I need another fridge or freezer where I can have kegs sitting chilling and carbonating so when one blows on the tripple tapper kegerator, it's a simple trip out to the garage, select a keg, connect it and whalah, beer.

I'll drink 0-4 half pints a day. I have enough kegs that I don't knock back several pints of one ale in a sitting.

If there is a club meeting, I'll take a 4 oz. sample glass and try a couple ounces of a dozen homebrews.

I strictly bottle, so consumption can be easily controlled. I drink one every day (as does my husband) on weeknights, and two or two and a half (we split one) on weekend nights. It's amazing how fast it disappears, even with drinking that amount. I drink store bought only if we're out of homebrew or if there is a special seasonal out.

I guess that's 80 homebrews a month, for the two of us. More if we have company.

Lorena

I usually have one a day. if there's a fooball game on i'll have more. :drunk: My inventory is getting low :( . But I brewed this past weekend.

1-3 a day. I think I go through less with kegs since I can fill 1/2 glasses too.

Typically I'll drink a beer or two every night, more on the weekends. I'm doing the whole bottle conditioning thing so I've been running as rapid a pipeline as SWMBO will allow in order to build up a stockpile. Once I have a few cases lying around I'm sure I'll slow down some; the brewing, not the drinking.

About 1 a day, a little more on weekends. Friends make the kegs go fast. Part of the bulk of my sig is 3 brews (the cellaring ones) that are half batches that I'm aging, so I have three cases that I've not touched. Plus the amber in the sig was a brew for some friends, I only have one bottle left after giving them the 2 cases. The latest porter is also for them but I haven't bottled it yet.

2 pints a day...and several on the weekend if i'm working on my house unless i'm doing electrical and then it's none..Amen !

I try to keep all four taps flowing, plus I bottle alot...... so I would say a couple pints a night during the week, and alot more on the weekends

I drink 1-5 drinks per day. These can be homebrew, storebought, jack daniels, or glasses of wine. I dont discriminate.!

Carne de Perro said:
I drink about 2 a night, sometimes more if I try a commercial brew to see if I like it.
Echo that. The local grocery store just started stocking some good stuff. I've never had Chimay (how do you pronounce that, by the way?), but they've got it...along with most of the Stone and Rogue selection + a few more. Oh, and ditto Chimone's lush comment as well...

One with supper, another with The Daily Show, sometimes a little pre-supper appertif, all homebrew. Man I can't believe how great my JZ's Amber Ale is. I only have about 6g left., and my next has to be a Kolsh for my BMC drinker guests. The only consolation is the Kolsh will protect my stock of Amber. I try to slip my porter in on the wife but she's getting wise to my knavish tricks. She loves the Amber too. Damn!

Musthavbeer said:
Man I can't believe how great my JZ's Amber Ale is. I only have about 6g left., and my next has to be a Kolsh for my BMC drinker guests. The only consolation is the Kolsh will protect my stock of Amber. I try to slip my porter in on the wife but she's getting wise to my knavish tricks. She loves the Amber too. Damn!

Make more! Post tasty recipe, please! :)

I drink at least 1 day. Honestly, I still drink more commercial beer than homebrew lately, mostly because I don't have much ready. My homebrew goes much faster at parties because I really enjoy seeing my buddies drink my beer. Plus they get a kick out of pouring themselves a pint off the kegerator. Something about that for some reason (even though I have to teach half of them HOW to do it--it amazes me that some people can't pull a pint correctly!).

Dude said:
...it amazes me that some people can't pull a pint correctly
No kidding! This is a skill that any 18+ year old self-respecting man should have! I find myself constantly relieving the pressure on overpumped picnic setups at parties, and I usually have to show my friends how to use the tap on my kegerator. Does anyone learn ANYTHING at college anymore?

I am a textbook moderate daily drinker--I have one beer most weeknights and a couple on weekends (maybe occaisionally more like 3 or rarely 4 on a football Saturday or such).

I almost never buy beer, except when I can't figure out what to brew next and need to do some "research." I'm the only beer drinker in my family, so I don't have to brew all that often to keep up with my consumption.

I really only drink on Fridays and Saturdays. I drink mostly homebrew, but buy some commercial stuff to see if I like the style, some favorites and some light stuff for when it really doesn't matter :drunk:

So - twice a week and quite a few!!

I'd have to say one every other night during the week. Weekend amounts fluctuate. I am waiting for my first kegged to secondary so once that gets up and running I am sure the amounts will increase substantially.

I have one a week. Because it ain't done conditioning yet. :D So, to make up for it, I have up to 2 or 3 store-boughts on any given night. I'm trying to get ideas for what my next batch(es) will be. If I had it my way, I'd be brewing every night. However, SWMBO has suggested we see how this first batch turns out first. :rolleyes:

I tend to drink every 3rd day now.....Usually all home brew. I tend to go through it fast though as most guys in my dept want to have samples brought to them.

I'll usually have 1-2 on weeknights, and "a healthy amount" on sat. Sunday maybe 1, but it really depends on what i did the day before.

cweston said:
I almost never buy beer, except when I can't figure out what to brew next and need to do some "research."

lol, I'm the same exact way, and SWMBO just rolls her eyes when I come home with a few random bottles.

well its wednesday morning, and I have a slight hangover. It's amazing how much you have drink while making more beer. I guess its just one of those things that has to be done.

I was thinking that when I get my keg outfit set up, I'll probably move up to having one with dinner. That sounds pretty dang GOOD!!!!

Ol' Grog said:
I was thinking that when I get my keg outfit set up, I'll probably move up to having one with dinner. That sounds pretty dang GOOD!!!!

problem is once you get your keg setup, you're gpoing to have one before dinner, one for dinner, and then a couple after dinner. :drunk:

I have one beer most nights, maybe two on weekends. I do make sure to specifically *not* have a beer on some random nights, just to prove to myself that this is still a healthy hobby, not a habit.

I've actually been drinking a lot more commercial stuff these days, just expanding my palatte, learning about new styles and the like. Tried Anchor Steam for the first time, for example, and was VERY pissed off to learn that those gorgeous bottles (like a full, soft breast) are twist-tops.

My brother and I brewed about every other weekend for 2 months and now have about 2 cases each and i have a keg that i just figured out how to work and enjoy.

I drink an average of about 1 a day monday through Thursday. Friday and saturday and sunday that average is bumped up to about 6. give or take 3:tank:

My wife actually said this last night "You know, since you spent the money on getting your keg system going we have really had to spend less on beer. That was a good idea honey. You seem to really enjoy brewing"

LOL, not only have we spent less on beer, but now i get to drink more.............................can I get a Dancing Banana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ban:

Hell yaaaa

Back