What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had one of my tweaked caribou slobber's earlier - taken a couple of months to come into it's own, think I need to lower the bitterness and choc malt next time.

Now onto a 1.5x IPA. Malt base, bitterness and balance spot on, just missing the fresh dry hop aroma, should have used pellet instead of flowers for the dry hop.

Boy,you guys must have a crap ton of disposable income to spend such a truckload of money on craft beers that cost pretty serious around here. Being retired,I can't aford that in todays world. Sittin here drinkin ice beer,no vodka,out of cigs since 9am. Cheap ass Bank (fomoco owned) didn't pay me last Friday,which was normal. Now ferm,def maybe tomorrow. They don't,lawsuit time. I'm sick of them keeping my money till they absolutely have to give it up. It's less than 20 hours from now,but dang. Hard to drink beer without smoking.:mug:

Ha! how true. Dang bankers. anyway,I gotta re-brew the last batch. Just didn't come out the way it started to. Damn,mash temps & boil off. Gunna get a paint strainer bag,& try single decoction besides. Damn beer is gunna do what I want it too or else.

Good one

20121202_143853.jpg

A delicious Maximus followed by a Smithwicks, not as good as I remember. Kind of plasticky. Still has beautiful head retention though.

Not sure what to call this - French style farmhouse table beer with toasted oat malt is a bit of a mouthful.

image-1721060686.jpg

Next up in the I can never wait two weeks before opening my first bottle series:

image-2032159808.jpg

My take on pre-prohibition cream ale. NC grown 6 row pils and oat malt, heirloom corn from a friend, and good old table sugar. Single hopped with crystal. Bone dry, bottled at 1.004.

ChillWill said:
Had one of my tweaked caribou slobber's earlier - taken a couple of months to come into it's own, think I need to lower the bitterness and choc malt next time.

Is that a nod to Moose Drool?

Odell's the Meddler oud bruin. Very complex beer. Lots of sour but the backbone of the beer seems strong enough to stand on its own even if the pucker factor wasn't there. One more reason I think 2013 is going to be the year that I start brewing sours.

Go Broncos!

Still more hop3 thank you akiea21571. Has on tap. Brewing a ridiculous black ipa. Then going to brew a winter warmer

Schafly Pale Ale - one of my favorites. It is why I love going home to southern Illinois, you can't find this stuff anywhere in northern Illinois.

SWMBO is drinking a Raspberry Wheat, and she's had a few to many already.

It's going to be a good night.

My Falconer's American Lager.

I put down my mug of hate-r-ade & rage-hoo. I got the floccin' durango started. blowing a lot of carbon out of the exhaust.

Had some of my latest esb...a ten gallon batch. Smelled super yeasty and had almost like a plastic taste....its only the 2nd time ive used my 14 gallon fermenter and im afraid it may have tainted my batch

Back