Ease my infection fears?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrodder

Reaction score
YAIT (Yet Another Infection Thread)

1 week in primary, looks like this now. Yeast raft? Harmless? Smallish yellow floaters.

IMG_20121208_111956.jpg

Awesome Rev, thanks. Of course I feel like I knew that already, but only on my third batch, so still nervous. It helps to have someone else see it and tell me to stfu and RDWHAHB.

Yeast and CO2 bubbles. :mug:

What brew is it? Just curious.

Rick

A slightly modified Zombie Dust. More malt to get a SG of 1.072, and about 10 ounces of lactose. Got lucky and lhbs had citra in stock.

I had to open it to dry hop. (In retrospect maybe a bit early. Should have done it week 2, c'est la vie.)

Revvy said:
Looks likes the tops of my beer shortly after the krausen falls.....In other words, normal.
You should do one of those great explanations you do in the spirit of the "my OG is way off!" That 99% of people who post about infection worry have normal beer.

Don't want to hijack your thread but I'm glad to see your worries have been eased. I'm hoping to be one of those 99%ers right now and looking to be told to stfu and RDWHAHB also :ban: so here goes. If anyone can shed some light on these small white orbs I'd greatly appreciate it.

Note: the stringy looking stuff in the corner is my muslin bag.

image-1280963669.jpg

image-2698718843.jpg

I can't tell just from a picture. I'll need to taste to be sure. About a six-pack should do. Do you have my mailing address?

It looks just like it should, relax. I've had the same thing on many of my beers.

cluckk said:
I can't tell just from a picture. I'll need to taste to be sure. About a six-pack should do. Do you have my mailing address?

It looks just like it should, relax. I've had the same thing on many of my beers.

Just Hearing it's not infected is worth more than a six pack to me! Thanks guys I appreciate the quick replies. That is great news and am much more excited about this new beer when I bottle it on Wednesday. Thanks again! :mug:

Cheers

Dave

I see it more on the dark beers than the light beers. They remind me of mineral deposits I have wondered if it might be CO2 bubbles carrying minerals from the water to the surface, collecting and then and leaving them there when they pop. Maybe not, but the beers have still tasted as expected.

I see it more on the dark beers than the light beers. They remind me of mineral deposits I have wondered if it might be CO2 bubbles carrying minerals from the water to the surface, collecting and then and leaving them there when they pop. Maybe not, but the beers have still tasted as expected.

Close, its just yeast that got pulled up and or has yet to sink from being pushed up during krausen.

Back