Brown Ale with WPL060 instead of Windsor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwalt

Reaction score
I have a simple Brown Ale extract from Austin Homebrew supply that came with Windsor dry yeast. I decided it would be a great chance to create a yeast starter but I didn't get to brew within 24 or 48 hours. So I was thinking about washing and propagating the White Labs WPL060 that I have in the fridge instead of traveling out to the somewhat LHBS.

From what I've read the WPL060 is a fairly basic yeast and should be okay to use with an american brown ale recipe. However it never hurts to sample the deep knowledge pool here.. :mug:

Thanks!

60 is my new fav. it used to be pacific ale i think that is 41. i have used 60 for everything from american wheat to my 12% barleywine. boss.

60 is my new fav. it used to be pacific ale i think that is 41. i have used 60 for everything from american wheat to my 12% barleywine. boss.

Great! I appreciate the reply. I'm going to wash the yeast tonight and use it sunday. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Back