Homemade 'Beer Machine'?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILurvTheWhiskey

Reaction score
I recently came across the "Beer Machine" online. It appears to be a self contained, air proof Mr. Beer-like beer fermenter, carbonater, dispenser system. You basically pour in 2.6 gallons of beer mix, cap it, let ferment, condition, and then add C02 through some sort of special port via regular C02 catridges.

I like the idea of having cold carbonated beer like this in the fridge that I wouldn't have to bottle, but the thing runs about $100 so it's a little out of my range. I've been looking at kegs, and my wife won't let me put a 2.5 gallon corney in the fridge if I have to put a C02 tank in there also.

Any ideas on how to build something similar to the Beer Machine or any other ways that I could get a gallon or two of carbonated beer in the fridge?

I recently came across the "Beer Machine" online. It appears to be a self contained, air proof Mr. Beer-like beer fermenter, carbonater, dispenser system. You basically pour in 2.6 gallons of beer mix, cap it, let ferment, condition, and then add C02 through some sort of special port via regular C02 catridges.

I like the idea of having cold carbonated beer like this in the fridge that I wouldn't have to bottle, but the thing runs about $100 so it's a little out of my range. I've been looking at kegs, and my wife won't let me put a 2.5 gallon corney in the fridge if I have to put a C02 tank in there also.

Any ideas on how to build something similar to the Beer Machine or any other ways that I could get a gallon or two of carbonated beer in the fridge?

My first beer equipment purchase was the Beer Machine 2000. I still have the packs for the refills in the basement- since I used it once. Have you considered buying the tap-a-draft system? That sounds like what you may need.

That is freaking amazing. I would imagine that those are very useful. Unless somebody can come up with something as equally nifty, I think that's what I'm gonna get.

The tap a draft system....

TAP A DRAFT STARTER SYSTEM (no air shipment) @ Williams Brewing

tap-a-draft-in-fridge.jpg

Tap-A-Draft.gif

Of course it has mixed reviews, like anything...there's a lot of threads on here about it, so you'll have to make up your own mind on it.

I say get the kegs and get another fridge. Or look into a kegerator set it in the corner they can be pretty nice..

Or use 2.5 gallon kegs (which are very expensive, by the way) and add CO2 as needed, keeping the bottle elsewhere. Re-pressurize every 2-3 pints.

guys,

I'm thinking of buying this TAP-A-DRAFT System and was told that I needed to add primming sugar into it. How true is that? Since it is already going to be carbonated with Co2, why do that? please advice and thanks.

Back