I can't stop listening to...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Clash (not listening now, I'm at work but one of their CD's is always near by). Also currently in my car cd changer:
--------
Janes Addiction
X
Led Zep
Sabbath
Who
Johnny Cash - Live Folsom Prison.
--------
Change it up a bit; not a shuffle batch of CD's :)

I'm at work and there is so much bull**** being flung around here today, that I am actually wearing my headphones and listening to nothing.

This is an awesome strategy. Try it.

olllllo said:
I'm at work and there is so much bull**** being flung around here today, that I am actually wearing my headphones and listening to nothing.

This is an awesome strategy. Try it.

That's how I avoid talking to the winos and crazies I pass walking to and from work.

Being an XM Radio fan... I typically listen to Squizz, and today it's just been absolutely rocking. Somedays are better than others, but today it's been one solid tune after another.

Days like this reaffirm why I pay for satellite radio.

Failing Squizz, or other XM faves, I have at least 250 CDs with me at all times on my MP3 player, and it ranges from Bluegrass to Rock to Rap to just about anything else.

Love Johnny Cash... several of his CDs are on my player... and I've tried the "headphones on but not listening to anything" before and it works fantastic. I also have one of those headsets for my work phone, and when I don't want to be bothered I'll put the headset on and it keeps everyone at bay... even the boss :D

I work in my basement so my computer is always playing tunes for me. I have an ecclectic mix right now, Moody Blues, AFI, AC/DC, Joan Baez, Syntax, Default, Rocky Horror (gotta love the music from that awesome film), Reliant K, Crossfade, Cold Chisel, The Donnas, Tom Petty, The Hollies, Sanford Townsend Band, Queen, Randy Travis, Jo Dee Messina, etc., etc.

Currently in the CD changer.
T Bone Burnett - Twenty Twenty: The Essential T Bone Burnett
The Flying Burrito Brothers - The Gilded Palace of Sin
Bob Dylan - Modern Times
Buck Owens - The Carnegie Hall Concert
The Handsome Family - In the Air

Brewpastor said:
"Old Crow Medicine Show".

Nice! What a great band! The first time I heard "Gospel Plow," I was hooked. I had to find everything they have done. Absolutely one of my favs.

Good taste, BP!! :rockin:

Chairman Cheyco said:
From the Gears of War commercial? That's an awesome song...

Yes, that's the one! It was on the Donny Darko soundtrack too.

James McMurtry
Wayne Hancock
The Gourds
Robert Earl Keen
Amazing Rythm Aces
And Sirius Radio's Outlaw Country #63

Depends on my mood for me...could be anything from classical (Mozart, Copland) to industrial (Front Line Assembly, Ministry, Die Krupps) to the ultimate, Pink Floyd.

James McMurtry
Wayne Hancock
The Gourds
Robert Earl Keen
Amazing Rythm Aces
And Sirius Radio's Outlaw Country #63

Wayne "The Train" Hancock, I love that guy. I saw him a few months ago at the Tractor Tavern here in Seattle and he was awesome. He played over 3 hours without a break. (Well...just long enough to tape up a couple of fingers that were bleeding). Really like the Gourds as well.

Yeah, the Gourds are great. Drove about 4 hours to see them last fall in Missoula and were not dissapointed. Wish we could get acts like Wayne the Train on this side of the mountains. We did get REK last year at the Big Easy in Spokane, great show from what little I recall. Nothing like a great live music venue that lets you sit at the bar and still be 100 ft away from the headlining act. If you don't have Sirius, I highly reccomend. Where else can you hear Willy, Waylon, Johhny, Buck, Wayne the Train, Hank III, Old 97's, Derailers, David Allen Coe, Allman Brothers, Grahm Parsons etc, etc, played on the radio with now commercials????(Warning , This is not a paid advertisement)................It's the best 12 buck a month I spend not counting grain and hops!

Lord Sterrock Hammerson 8 said:
Johnny Horton, Johnny Cash, Slayer, Merle Haggard, Hank Williams Sr, Norman Greenbaum.

<singing>'One of these things is not like the other, one of these things does not belong, can you tell...</singing>

Listening to nothing right now, but I'm filling the Car cartridge...feel like filling it with all AC/DC.

todd_k said:
Yes, that's the one! It was on the Donny Darko soundtrack too.

Good song, good movie!

I've been listening to a ton of different things tonight. Mostly stuff by Morphine, though. Perfect for a rainy day.

Continuing my efforts to re-acquaint myself with my own library. :eek:

Emerson Lake and Palmer: "The Return of the Manticore" (4 disc set that is a great rundown of the band)

Alligator Records: "20th Anniversary Collection" and "Genuine Houserockin' Music" (Vols. 1 thru 4) If you like the Blues, look up Alligator Records. :rockin:

Soundgarden, The Jungle Dogs, The Offspring; "Americana"

Amongst others. Still diggin Pagey and The Black Crowes "Live at the Greek" as well...

Ize

EDIT: Total side note, I apparently loaned out my Sass Jordan disc a few years ago and forgot about it... needless to say, kinda pissy about it now.... :mad:

At this moment Im listening to Carmina Burana, Im not sure who is performing it. Powerful music.

Earlier I was listening to Primus and the Pixies.

desertBrew said:

Now I know what Im listening to on the bus tomorrow.

- magno

So far today it's been Built to Spill.

"When I was a kid I saw a light... floating high above a tree one night. Thought it was an alien... turned out to be just God."

Dos Gringos - look 'em up on iTunes (or your favorite pay-per-song downloader)

Ize - nice collection. I made an offhand ELP comment the other day. No one got it. Tasteless bastards.

If you're a fan, it's a must. Mother-in-law bought it for me for my birthday (she couldn't get it locally, so she bought me a gift card to buy it). $34 plus free shipping at bn.com, I think the same (or close) at Amazon.

Orpheus said:
I downl... err bought the new Shins album, Wincing the Night Away.

Good stuff. Getting a lot of play in the car right now. Really enjoy track 9!:mug:
This is the first album I've been excited before it's release about in a few years. I've listened to it a few times and haven't quite digested it yet.......though I think I am going to love it. It was a bummer to wait 3-4 years for it to come out, but it appears it was worth the wait. Their first two (IMO Oh, Inverted World! especially) are masterpieces. They are one of only two bands who have all 5 stars for every song, every album in my iTunes. :rockin:

Back