Integrated Kitchen Brewery/Keezer build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the kind words! I don't have a lot of time off, but I am slowly working on my projects....

I have begun installing the reclaimed wood wall, and slowly building the beer bottle chandelier (only 1 light hung up for now...doing 5-7 total)

image-859679851.jpg

Huaco said:
More details on your light you are working on??? I REALLY need some light above/around my brewery...

Once I get the light to where I want it I will post more pictures. The concept is easy, using a glass cutter, cut bottoms off the bottles, and hang lights inside with electrical cord. I bought a mix of antique hand wired candelabra bulbs and bases from 1000bulbs.com. I am still trying to perfect the glass cutting, it's difficult to do perfectly.

Cheers

So freakin' cool man! I have GOT to build something like this above my brewery! I need light desperately there and these would look so much better than the 4' tube light I was looking to install...

image-1111840149.jpg

Decided to go very modern on the sink install/fixture to offset the antique/shabby look of the walls/light fixture. This was the reason I undermount the sink -- to be very modern looking.

Huaco said:
So freakin' cool man! I have GOT to build something like this above my brewery! I need light desperately there and these would look so much better than the 4' tube light I was looking to install...

It's really easy. Buy the bottle cutter off eBay, it's $25. It took some practice (about 20 bottles) but now I get perfect cuts. Then just get candelabra sockets and bulbs and string them through...

image-1522438505.jpg

I tied them all to a central point -- I will make a real nice lid for all the wires to come through

Does anybody have issues seeing these pictures? On my iPhone HBT app it's fine but if I goto an ipad/desktop in normal IE they don't show...?

Seems to be working fine for me - thanks, gave me a good excuse to subscribe. Excellent job so far!

[EDIT] - I'm using Firefox not IE in case it matters....

It's really easy. Buy the bottle cutter off eBay, it's $25. It took some practice (about 20 bottles) but now I get perfect cuts. Then just get candelabra sockets and bulbs and string them through...

View attachment 93235

I tied them all to a central point -- I will make a real nice lid for all the wires to come through

Have you thought of using the top of a bottle to run the wiring through? It'd go with the theme and be an interesting look if you go it to work.

I didn't, but the rest if the lighting is recessed, so I do want to keep with that theme. A bottle sticking down from the ceiling might be a little odd :) (not that this hole build isn't odd)

I didn't, but the rest if the lighting is recessed, so I do want to keep with that theme. A bottle sticking down from the ceiling might be a little odd :) (not that this hole build isn't odd)

Ah, I did not know there was recessed lighting, but I can definitely see that looking odd.

Ah, I did not know there was recessed lighting, but I can definitely see that looking odd.

I just noticed you was from the 'burgh. My wife is from q-town and we go back there often. I really liked the beers at Full Pint. The owner/brewer of Full Pint is an awesome guy and spent a lot of time with me. North Country is a sweet atmosphere place too :)

I just noticed you was from the 'burgh. My wife is from q-town and we go back there often. I really liked the beers at Full Pint. The owner/brewer of Full Pint is an awesome guy and spent a lot of time with me. North Country is a sweet atmosphere place too :)

I'll have to look those places up. I moved to Pittsburgh in 2011, so I'm still trying to find all of the places when I get a chance after work. Thanks for the tops!:tank:

Funny! I don't even live there and I have been to all the breweries and cool bars, East End Brewery, Fat Heads, Back Door, etc etc. EDIT! How could I forget Church Brew Works! One if the most beautiful/unique breweries I have ever seen.

image-1288965558.jpg

RO faucet and sink mocked up.

image-705656874.jpg

Bench is done and drying. 220V is run on the R side.

I like the fact you're building the wooden wall as you get the wood. You can properly see the 'work in progress'.

Huaco said:
Would be really cool to line the corner gaps with corks from Belgian bottles! Unique corner trim...

Very interesting idea. I am not a Belgian beer fan (wife is) but I have a massive amount of corks. Instead of the reclaimed wood, I was going to all these walls entirely out of wine corks (yes I have that many), I will test out your idea........

image-413098486.jpg

Bench and sink are finished. I need to clean up all the RO lines so that it looks cleaner, but that can wait! Now let's build this brewery! I'm starting to mock things up...

Wow this is incredible. How am I just now seeing it?

I can't wait for more updates! The bottle chandelier looks great!

Building my pots today -- I am OCD about symmetry so I am spending a lot of time with the layout -- but still has to be practical.

image-4124925419.jpg

I must say this is one amazing build, I have seen some incredible build before, but this one really appeals to me.

Well done :mug:

Suscribed! Very neat approach. I hope you reclaimed that granite countertop as well somewhere else! Beautiful view. My wife forces me down into the basement :)

image-1047442329.jpg
The brewery needs more artwork...stay tuned...

image-4223695281.jpg
My wife signed me up for a monthly IPA club! Sweet!

image-503720212.jpg
What I found at my local beer store. I now have a small fortune invested in one of the best beers of all time.

Back