Hope I didn't ruin my Pliny clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AUEnder

Reaction score
I just added the last addition of dryhops and took a gravity sample. Problem is I forgot to sanitize my beer thief before pulling a sample. It made contact with my wort twice. It was clean, but not sanitized. :(

If it was done fermenting, you will be ok - if not you'll just have to wait and see

Like bridge said, your brew is a lot more resistant to infections once the fermentation process is complete. Plus since you've already added the first round of dry hopping, your even better off. Hops are a natural defense against the baddies. No worries.

Yep, that recipe is 7-ish ABV. Like was said above, if there was anything on the beer thief, the alcohol will most likely take care of it. RDWHAHB and cheers!

That all makes me feel better about it. It finished a little drier than expected and I'm sitting at 8.9% ABV. Thanks folks!

Back