others beers good on nitrogen?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earlytimes

Reaction score
I'm absolutely loving my dry stout served on my new nitrogen setup with a stout faucet! The question is, what other beers are good served like this? Would any stout (american, oatmeal, etc.) be just as good? Any others styles (British ales maybe)? I did a search (both here and general google) but didn't find any guidelines. I'm brewing next weekend and want to make something to replace the dry stout once it runs dry, which is going to be all too soon...

Thanks!

All kinds of beer are good served through a stout faucet. Anything rich and malty gets my vote. Just for kicks, though, try a double IPA. It makes for quite an interesting pint.

I LOVE IPA on a stout set up! It's creamy and rich, and the hops aroma blasts you away. I don't do many stouts, but I thought about getting a nitro set up for my IPAs!

I had a dry hopped Red ale on nitro, it was wonderful. Pretty much any darker beer will work, porters, stouts, etc.

A black Ipa might be interesting on nitro

Many English/Irish places with a good tap selection will do Bitters/ESBs on a creamer/stout faucet... Tetley's, Wexford's, Old Speckled Hen, Boddington's, etc... it seems to be a common treatment of any malt-forward beer, and I don't think there's a rule against doing it to any beer you want to. :) I think pretty much any ales would be great through a creamer... the easier-drinking the beer, the more it would lend itself, I think. I can't imagine an 11% RIS tasting quite right this way, for example...

I think this style of serving has a "quaffing" character about it, so it lends itself to low ABV stouts, mild ales, and the like... I think it would be fantastic to have a couple creamer faucets of ESB and Mild on tap... :)

Many English/Irish places with a good tap selection will do Bitters/ESBs on a creamer/stout faucet... Tetley's, Wexford's, Old Speckled Hen, Boddington's, etc... it seems to be a common treatment of any malt-forward beer, and I don't think there's a rule against doing it to any beer you want to. :) I think pretty much any ales would be great through a creamer... the easier-drinking the beer, the more it would lend itself, I think. I can't imagine an 11% RIS tasting quite right this way, for example...

I think this style of serving has a "quaffing" character about it, so it lends itself to low ABV stouts, mild ales, and the like... I think it would be fantastic to have a couple creamer faucets of ESB and Mild on tap... :)

+1 to this...

I've never had a hoppy beer on nitro, but I was under the impression it would kill the aroma, and maybe some of the subtle flavors. I'll have to try it next time and compare. I can always purge the keg, carb more, and be back to normal.

That being said, I have 2 Stout faucets on Nitro Mix - my Foreign Extra Stout and my Irish Red. Had a party Saturday and out of 6 kegs the Irish Red was the first to go (Extra Stout is my favorite but your average person doesn't like a big stout as much as I do).

Latest posts

Back