Naked City Brewing has a location!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
awesome photos Brewtopia. The place looks like it is shaping up nice. I can't wait to see what it looks like in the end.

The place is looking good Brewtopia. Can't wait to have you behind the bar serving me a beer.

Wow it's been awhile since I've checked in on this thread... the bar is looking great! Can't wait to come sample!

Your place is looking awesome. I am planning a trip to Seattle in October or November for work and I am totally stoked to come check out your place and throw down some duckets. Nice Job!

We got our sign up yesterday
Naked City Sign 005.jpg

Naked City Sign 008.jpg

Naked City Sign 009.jpg

Naked City Sign 011.jpg

Naked City Sign 2 003.jpg

Beautiful! Man, I wish I was closer. It's a bit of a drive from Kentucky. :)

that is awesome!

you need some art on those walls, though!

I agree. My buddy is a photographer (www.artificialdaylight.com) and will be hanging four large prints on Saturday.

I also have some movie related items that I'm bringing in. My partner's parents also bought us a Naked City movie poster that will go up somewhere along with some beer related items naturally.

I agree. My buddy is a photographer (www.artificialdaylight.com) and will be hanging four large prints on Saturday.

I also have some movie related items that I'm bringing in. My partner's parents also bought us a Naked City movie poster that will go up somewhere along with some beer related items naturally.

Wow. some very cool photos. Will look great in there!

Nice looking place, very good atmosphere.. the art should make it feel a lot warmer.

Should look pretty awesome in low light.

Good luck with the business!

You should collect homebrew...

Something like if a HBT'er brings in a bottle (all labeled up nicely) they get a pint and the bottle goes a special shelf... (Make them bring two, one for the shelf one for you :mug:)

Just a thought... :)

You should collect homebrew...

Something like if a HBT'er brings in a bottle (all labeled up nicely) they get a pint and the bottle goes a special shelf... (Make them bring two, one for the shelf one for you :mug:)

Just a thought... :)

+1111 on that! It would cost you a shelf and you'd get all kinds of free beer out of it. Plus it would just be freaking cool! :ban:

not sure what the law is about exchanging beer for HB.

not sure what the law is about exchanging beer for HB.

Doesn't have to be a direct swap really does it...

"No officer, I didn't give him free beer in exchange for homebrew, it was more of a 'congrats on opening a brewpub' gift... He bought ten pints and I gave him the eleventh for free..."

DAMN! The place looks great, Don! How the kitchen coming along, and how many TV's do you have setup?

Late to the party, but...

I'm only a couple miles from you. DEFINITELY looks fantastic. You've done an excellent job and the place looks great. :mug: You should be proud.

One question - this IS a place serving lots o' beer: where's the little brewer's room? I didn't see it in the pics :confused:

Place is looking excellent; just my kind of place to hang out... sign is great.

I didn't know you were going to have 25 taps, that's awesome. How many are NC versus "guest" taps?

It's almost there....It's like the aroma is wafting South, enticing folks up to the great NorthWest for chilled barley beverages. Hmmm.

Great job Don! The hard work will pay off big time! :mug:

awesome stuff man! way to live the dream!

kind of off topic, but have you ever heard the song called "naked city" by the ska band out of new york city called the toasters? it goes "life aint pretty in the naked city, life aint pretty at all, we wanna have some fun but the clubs are sh*tty, you know we're havin' a ball."

Sweet dude!! Me and the SWMBO are planning a train ride up to Seattle in November or December of this year, we'll have to come and check you out.

Wow, I must have had blinders on to have missed this thread. Everything looks amazing! You are aware that you now have 100+ homebrewers living vicariously through you, right? :D I have never been to Seattle, but I now know of a must-stop for me when I do.

Congrats! I'm sure all the hard work will pay off in spades. Living the dream!! :mug:

been off the forums for awhile, just read this today! Nice work!! you finally bit the bullit

Looks great, Those photos are really cool. Is he hanging the industrial series on your walls. I really like the stools, and the bar. Very nice, wish I was closer to seattle

Man Don, looking great! It's getting closer. The furniture looks good. The artwork and old movie memorabilia will be a nice touch.

7838d1222217490-naked-city-brewing-has-location-furniture-003.jpg

I notice that you left plenty of room for the food servers to get through here. Very good foresight. As somebody who got their start in the food service industry I can attest to the importance of this. Too many times I have been to a restauraunt where they try to squeeze as many tables as they can onto the floor and leave no room for the wait staff. Good job.

+1 to the legion of well-wishers. This looks like it's going to be a really great neighborhood spot. I drove by the other day and it was really neat seeing how quiet it is outside with the windows papered up and knowing that all this was lurking in there.

Any other locals up for an opening-night meetup?

We have those same high chairs at home. They have held up for years. They hurt my butt after too much sitting, but then again I am not normally hanging around and having a few beers while I sit in them! The place is looking great. Still waiting for an opening date to see if I can come and celebrate...

Back