Hippies, prepare to laugh.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bedlam

Reaction score
Joe Cocker. Woodstock. Interpreted.

I laughed so hard I was crying. Finally, I understand!

:fro:

Last edited by a moderator:
hey i've got a leg too!

i remember seeing this video in school in music class and i'm pretty sure i wasn't the only one who wondering what kinda drugs that dude was on...

Say what you will about Joe, but he leaves EVERYTHING on the stage every time he sings, no holding back. Big props! My favorite part of that performance is the guitarist & bass player singing falsetto backgrounds.

I saw him at a small club in 1982, what a show.

WTF did he really mean to say???? I mean, he was obviously taking liberties beyond just murdering the english language.

Joe is a Badass, no question, but did he really think he was channeling Jesus up there??

He had a great voice, but man save the heavy drugs for afterwards. Then again, when the audience is as f'ed up as/f'ed up more than you are - who cares? That was some funny lyrical work though...:rockin:

A comparison to the actual lyrics might be pretty funny too, but I have a feeling that he was so far into uncharted territory that it would get old quick.

I don't think the word "Savior" is in the original, or that " letter from my friend" is repeated 10 times. I wonder if he was just caught up in the moment and completely making it up.

Like non of you have ever done a psychedelic. I would say he was officially expanding his mind during that whole song. FUNNY F*&king stuff though

Back