What type of yeast makes alcohol

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alex_

Reaction score
im from the uk and I'm interested in making my own alcohol my question is what type of yeast do I need and where would I purchase it from

Find a local home brew shop where you live. They can help you with whatever needs & questions you may have. But their are dry & liquid yeasts,depending on what style of beer you want to make.

im from the uk and I'm interested in making my own alcohol my question is what type of yeast do I need and where would I purchase it from

There is no yeast available in the UK that will make alcohol. You are out of luck. Do your homework and get to bed.

Yup,that's why I mentioned the lhbs. You gotta be 21 to go in there.

How the hell underage do you guys think he is?

Purchasing age in the UK is 18.

Between the ages of 5 and 17, it is legally permissible for children to drink alcohol at home or at a friend's house with the permission of a parent or legal guardian.[86]

The minimum age for the purchase of alcohol is 18. People aged 16 or 17 may consume wine, beer or cider on licensed premises when ordered with a meal.[1]

In England and Wales, it must be an adult who orders;[87] however, an adult doesn't have to be present to order alcohol with a meal in Scotland. The legal age for the purchase of alcohol from an off-licence (store/supermarket) is 18. (The legal age to buy liqueur chocolates is 16, but this is rarely enforced.)

Vagiclean on aisle 7. ......from me myself and irene

Getting back to the op,it seems to me you have to be of legal age where you live to post on here?...

In any case, if the question really is, "What type of yeast make alcohol?" He's got a lot further to go than just picking up a packet of yeast.

Bread yeast makes some tasty alcohol I have heard. No hangovers and a pleasant taste that you can ferment at 90 degree temps if need be

I feel that I will be heckled for this, but I have to ask.

What exactly is "a troll"?
Here's a fairly accurate depiction to identify a troll:

Troll_600_zps6d7cef21.jpg

No one mentioned Fleischmann's ---- why do you think they call it Active?

...He's got a lot further to go than just picking up a packet of yeast.

Right, just add water...and sugar.

Bit of trivia:
Some countries levy excise taxes on sugar and certain sugar products because they are precursors of alcohol. Of course, in those domains, (non-denatured) alcohol products are taxed heavily, same as tobacco and gasoline. These are modern western world countries, just in case you started wondering, whaaat?

No one mentioned Fleischmann's ---- why do you think they call it Active?

I get the dried Fleischmann's variety in a pair of 1 lb vacuum sealed bricks at Sam's Club for $4.50. And they last for years in the freezer, even opened. Not sure about the meaning of the term active, though.

Given that, it's truly amazing what they dare to charge for those little 1/4 oz envelopes of the same product in your corner store/supermarket.

As recent as 10 years back I used to buy yeast cakes from a local bakery for $1 a pound (minimum amount you could buy). And they even felt bad charging me that much.

Too bad we can't use that stuff for beer as in "here's my FL-01 IIPA... and it tastes like...great hoppy bread!"

17 actually I was just reading online about needing a ballon juice sugar yeast things like that to make alcohol

and I'm from Middlesbrough there we go age and location over with

You need to be of legal drinking age to get advice here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back