5 cuft freezer question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeInCtown

Reaction score
I am looking at buying a used freezer for lagering and aging my brew. The overall dimensions I was able to locate indicate 29.38 long x 31.06 high x 23.63 deep. I know I need to allow for wall thickness and I know this will hold one firmentation pail, but was wondering if anyone knows of a normal 5ft freezer will hold two pails, or at least one pail and maybe 2 cornies for aging.

Due to the distance of travel needed I want to make sure there would be a chance before I drove out there.

You can't fit 2 pails or even 2 carboys in a 5 cu. ft. freezer. There is not enough horizontal space. You might fit 2 carboys in a 7 cu. ft., but not two of the big buckets (7.9 gallon jobs).

Dang, I was afraid of that. When I first saw the ad, it was labeled as 7 cf, but when I spoke with the lady she said she found the sticker and it said 5ft.

Here's my 10 cu. ft. Amana. I can get two buckets in there.

Brews.jpg

Freezer.jpg

Back