Burnt Extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokedaddy

Reaction score
I'm judging by the blackened bottom of my brew pot I burnt the extract pretty good. Will that ruin the batch or can I go ahead with fermentation?

Agreed. may end up better,if not condition it longer and see how it changes.

90% of the labor is done, not much to lose by fermenting it and seeing how it turns out.

Let it ride. It may turn out perfect. I had a couple batches where I burnt some extract in the bottom and did not notice it a bit. I had another that had a charred tasted to it and was a bit unpleasant.

I'm judging by the blackened bottom of my brew pot I burnt the extract pretty good. Will that ruin the batch or can I go ahead with fermentation?

One thing nobody has bothered to ask is by "black on the bottom", do you mean on the OUTSIDE or INSIDE?

If it's on the outside, then i seriously doubt you burned the wort, and you just need to adjust the air intake on your burner so that the flame stays blue.

Back