What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HUGE brew day! Bottled 3.5 gallons of IPA, bottled 1 gallon of Hard Chai Tea, Brewed 4 gallons of pale ale and pitched on half cake from IPA, prepped for tomorrow's 9 gallon Saison!

Just moved a fridge into the garage to use for fermenting. Probably can only get one bucket in there at a time, but rarely have more than 2 buckets in active fermentation anyway. This should really help my beers!!!!

Set up the supplies and ingredients to work on our first beer after it cools off when the sun goes down - we're going to do a basic brown ale.

Just had the new fermentation chamber delivered!

image-546880036.jpg

Fed the hop garden with some 'mater food

Transferred a choco-stout and a belgian blonde to secondaries and started washing the yeast.

Drank a homebrewed porter

Put my Citra IPA into a corny for dry hopping. I bottled my Wit, which I may have used too much lemon and orange peel in as its very citrusy. I cleaned two cases of bottles and received a 2.5 lbs. co2 tank in the mail that I got for 15 bucks!

Started cold crashing my Jack Daniels American Amber; cleaned my brewing equipment for tomorrow's brew and got the yeast starter going. Great day.

Husband and I just got our first beer into the fermenter about an hour ago. It was an awesome experience and it made the house smell pretty delicious. Now it's hurry it up wait until it's ready and we can see if we pulled it off.

kitchensqueen said:
Husband and I just got our first beer into the fermenter about an hour ago. It was an awesome experience and it made the house smell pretty delicious. Now it's hurry it up wait until it's ready and we can see if we pulled it off.

Congrats & welcome to the game!!

I've found that the interminable wait for my new batch is best distracted by planning & brewing my next batch! Just sayin'... :)

Kicked a keg (Amarillo Blonde) by bottling up a sixer to age a little while, and just just tonight I filled up my HLT with filtered water and added a campden tablet and a tsp of Calcium Chloride for tomorrow's brew, a mild I have nicknamed "Brown Trout Stout"

Bottled a gallon of Apfelwein - got 4 x 750ml bottles corked and 2 x 12oz's capped. Not bad. Also racked my JAOM (Mandarins & Craisins) to secondary. Smelled amazing like always.

Congrats & welcome to the game!!

I've found that the interminable wait for my new batch is best distracted by planning & brewing my next batch! Just sayin'... :)

Thanks! Yep, an American Red is up next And I've got a chestnut brown recipe that I want to adapt for hazelnuts... and I made the "mistake" of opening up my Midwest catalog and drooling over all the new kit I want... think I'll be able to pass the time. :)

Kegged up a chocolate stout, apfelwein, and a hefeweizen. Made another batch of apfelwein, just started the sugar syrup for skeeter pee, and coming to boil right now on an IPA.

It's a good day. :)

Kegged up a chocolate stout, apfelwein, and a hefeweizen. Made another batch of apfelwein, just started the sugar syrup for skeeter pee, and coming to boil right now on an IPA.

It's a good day. :)

Daaaaammmmmnnnn. You're a mad man!

:ban:

Well,I finally got around to putting 8 bottles of summer shandy in the fridge from the last batch. They better be carbed well by now...!

Brewed a batch of Cascadian Dark Ale, drank myself silly, may bottle a batch of American Pale Ale later.....

Racked my first witbier into a secondary and sat back to enjoy a homebrewed Abbaye... (this is after saying I would detox a couple of days after beer fest here in Montreal)

Big beer day for me today:
1) brewed a CAP
2) bought 105# of grain (2-row & pils) for future brews
3) bought & put together Biermumcher's "we don't need no stinking beer gun"
4) picked up the 2 empty kegs from Beerfest in May & cleaned same
5) talked w/ new brewer at LHBS and invited him to our next HBC mtg, plus gave a few tips
6) measured grains & bought yeast (wlp500 & wlp530) for three-way split of 9gal of Saffron Triple (already have 3711 to wash) next week
7) drank homebrew with buddies while watching baseball--down to maybe 6-7 bottles now!
8) panicked over lack of homebrew
9) checked on Robust Porter, DFH90 clone, split batch of Blone (2.5gal ea on Kolsch & Cal Ale V), and Saison... All progressing well
10) listened to Brett topic on the BN Sunday Session to start planning some infections
11) re-read Mosher on Belgian Tripels; got intrigued by the Doble-Doble technique to try for future big beers
12) re-arranged brewing calendar to include 6gal of Accidental Tourist IPA on 22nd
13) cleaned & de-labeled about 12 bottles for refilling
A productive beer day!

Piratwolf said:
Big beer day for me today:
1) brewed a CAP
2) bought 105# of grain (2-row & pils) for future brews
3) bought & put together Biermumcher's "we don't need no stinking beer gun"
4) picked up the 2 empty kegs from Beerfest in May & cleaned same
5) talked w/ new brewer at LHBS and invited him to our next HBC mtg, plus gave a few tips
6) measured grains & bought yeast (wlp500 & wlp530) for three-way split of 9gal of Saffron Triple (already have 3711 to wash) next week
7) drank homebrew with buddies while watching baseball--down to maybe 6-7 bottles now!
8) panicked over lack of homebrew
9) checked on Robust Porter, DFH90 clone, split batch of Blone (2.5gal ea on Kolsch & Cal Ale V), and Saison... All progressing well
10) listened to Brett topic on the BN Sunday Session to start planning some infections
11) re-read Mosher on Belgian Tripels; got intrigued by the Doble-Doble technique to try for future big beers
12) re-arranged brewing calendar to include 6gal of Accidental Tourist IPA on 22nd
13) cleaned & de-labeled about 12 bottles for refilling
A productive beer day!

That's it? Slacker. Lol

Was gonna brew 2 different batches but I just helped my friend brew his first batch (all grain centennial cascade pale ale) and taught/ explained the basics of the process to him. When I wake up in the morning I'm brewing a lemon lime hefe for me.

Well,I'm ambarassed. My stove burners have 3 gone to shizz,one small burner left. Have to make repairs before I can brew again. I'm beginning to start jonesin! But I did put som HB's in the fridge yesterday for next weekend. My son dropped by & gave me a mixed 6'r of Rivertown wit ale & one porch monkey somethin or other....Does that count???:drunk:

Did a starter from bottle harvested Sierra Nevada Pale Ale yeast. I'm hoping to step it up to a 2L starter for a Cascade/Citra/summit pale ale that I have planned for this weekend.

Back