Hyde Park (NY) Brewery - Upstate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheldon

Reaction score
Has anyone been to this place? Looking for some heads up for the area. Have some family business in Poukeepsie, NY this weekend and I usually check out the local flavor.

Thanks.

thanks for input, menu doesn't look that great and they have no stout now. Gona be there so may just stop by. Thinking of trying the Culinary Institute for a dinner if we can. Real close by.

I use to go to school in poughkeepsie and went to the hyde park brewery fairly often. I remember them having some good beers. I haven't been there in a few year so I can't speak to how it is now. If you're going to be in the area then it won't hurt to stop by and check it out.

Also, definitely check out the CIA if you can. You should probably call try and get a reservation as soon as possible because they usually book up fast. If you can't get a reservation to one of the main restaurants then you can always stop at their cafe for lunch, which will be cheaper than dinner but just as tasty

Back from the trip North. Got 6 inches of snow thursday nite. We did the brewery on thurs nite and had dinner there. Food was better than expected, it was trivia nite there and the place was jumping. Had samples of all the beers available and really didn't love any of them. They brewmaster is from Germany and that is the style he brews. No stout on tap, but there was a (Mary's) Porter was was drinkable. I really like the more malty beers and love IPA's so I was not in my zone, but managed to get a pretty good buzz on. Didn't get to the CIA.

Glad to be home to my brews :)

Back