Saaz anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewitbrewit

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I guess I hate Saaz. I did not know that before I ordered 10 oz of the nasty @#!@#$. It is like ginger maybe? Yuk!! I made 10 gallons of Cream Ale with nothing but Saaz and I thought I did something horrible wrong with my system. Then I tried a Dos Equis after, which I don't like. Bingo! I am sure this is just my taste, because the internet tells me that everybody else likes it. Anyways, trade anyone? 10 oz for a couple of oz of Northern Brewer for instance? Maybe 1/2oz of Cascade? Should I flush it and make a contribution to the beer gods?

The money is not the thing, actually, just need feed back, and I am not sure if this is the right section either.

I am new, 25th batch of all grain, someone help me for @##@$ sakes. Does this forum have spell check?

I made a Pilsner with Saaz and absolutely hated it. I made an Oktoberfest and barely liked it. Since then I have used Saaz in several IIPA's along with several other hops and it works well. So I would tell you to incorporate it into something that uses it along with other more dominant hops and it just adds a bit of mild spice/aroma.

I just bought a pound of it so can't help with any trades.

I don't love it but I have 4 lbs of hops I wouldn't mind trading for some saaz

Not sure if you guys ever traded, if not I have some US Saaz to trade. If you're interested let me know how much you'd like and what you'd like to trade.

Back