Mgd 64

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eschatz

Reaction score
Anyone had this fine crafted brew yet? I would assume that it tastes like diluted monkey piss. :(

I wonder if I can make a tasty cream ale with some organic herbs in it (maybe like a really light french farmhouse ale) that would be around the same cals with big taste?

I think about two shots of my RIS would be about 64 calories! :drunk:

To get 12 fl oz. with 64 Calories you would need to have an OG of about 1.021 and a FG of about 0.998. That clocks in at the advertised whopping 3.0% ABV.

Use just enough 6-row to covert the rest of the rice/corn probably add some sugar. Mash low. Take a drink of IPA, burp on the boil wort for bitterness.

Good luck! If I had noting better to do I would give it a shot.

Hah. I was sitting here messing with beersmith, watching TV, and I saw a commercial for this. I decided to just see what the gravities would be for 64 calories and 3% (which is probably rounded up from 2.8 or so)

Naturally my curiosity kicked in and I figured I'd make a recipe.

2.25 lb pale 6-row
.5 lb flaked corn
.5 lb flaked rice

.25 oz williamette for 60 min -> 6 IBU

OG 1.019
FG 0.996

4 tablets beano crushed in primary after 4 days

That's 3.25 lb of grain for a 5 gallon batch. You could probably do that in a little cooler normally used for PM.

At 3% why waste your time. And as the 64 calories go, if we are all sitting around drinking beer it would seem we have decided to put health concerns on the back burner for the night. Lets all just drink a real beer.

Back