• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

~45 ft counterflow chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenbirds

Reaction score
I am selling a 45 ft counterflow chiller. Not sure of exact length since I bought it from the person who made it, but 12" diameter, so [12" x 3.14 x 14 loops] / 12" = ~45 ft estimated. Won't fit on my single tier rig, so I bought a plate chiller.

3/8" copper tubing with brass compression fittings. Has 1/2" female NPT fittings for wort in/out and garden hose fittings for water in/out. The outer house is regular garden hose, but I've never had any issues with hot water.

Very efficient CFC, but I'm not sure you'd get a good flow rate with a gravity feed since this is so long. It worked well for me with a March pump. Always recirculated PBW and rinsed with water after use.

Asking $80 shipped.

cfc.jpg

For sale again. Same price. $60 shipped. Works great. I replaced the top plastic clamp with a metal one. Otherwise exactly as pictured. Got a chillzilla for Christmas. Used for two batches and it works really well. Much better than my previous ic chiller.

I can't speak to that because I have a pump. Sorry. It is pretty bulky and you would need a really high BK to make it work. I would say you need a pump to really use it.

Ok thanks for the info and the quick response. I don't have a pump and I'm not really set up for one right now so I'll pass.

DMosPickles said:
Don't mean to cheap out, but how about a buck a foot: $45 shipped?

It's going to be 15 to ship so at 45 I'd just keep it. 60 shipped is a good deal. There is a ton of copper in there and you can't make it or buy it new for that price with all of the extra fittings.

To the top.

Would also trade for a Johnson a419 or ranco 11000 if anyone has an extra one of those.

Back